First, I want to thank all who contributed their tips on making the V1 perform better than with the factory settings.
Without using custom sweeps, here is a list of changes I made using the "user programing settings". Have I missed anything?
1. False alarm guard (for Ka band) switched off (more sensitivity though some increase in falses).
2. Ku band switched off (not used in the U.S. yet).
3. POP left on for more sensitivity (longer detecting range) on K, Ka bands.
4. Traffic Monitor Filter set to "on" (to cut down on K band falses on busy metro highways).
5. Euro Mode "off".
6. X band will be shut off after verification it is no longer used in the towns I drive through.
These above setting changes have greatly increased the V1's performance in the area of sensitivity (earlier warning time) and some reduction of falses as well as some increase in falses, which is not a problem for my driving conditions.
Using the above programming changes, my V1 (3893 version) has gotten even better performance than the factory settings while driving on rural and more populated roads with hills and lots of trees as well as winding roads. Highway driving is at a minimum for me. I use a top of the dash mount location since the top of the windshield is tinted and with bucket seats in the front, the V1 has a clear view out the rear window. Its also wired to a c. lighter plug in good condition.
Have I missed anything?