Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post M.P.H. Speed Gun Pro

I know the new Speed Gun Pro is a K band unit but they have Incorporated POP mode in the new unit.Does anyone know if it's a 16ms POP or a 67ms POP?

Default Re: M.P.H. Speed Gun Pro

Well,I'm going to speak for my-self since nobody has any input on this subject.The M.P.H. Z-25 is a 24.125 GHz K-band with a 16ms POP as to the Z-35 also a 24.125 GHz K-band with a 16ms POP.The only difference in these to models is one is battery powered and the other is used by a cigarette lighter plug.So I would think that since the new Speed Gun Pro is also a K-band frequency more than likely 24.125 GHz with POP mode it utilizes a 16ms burst!

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by V-1 3.872 View Post
    Well,I'm going to speak for my-self since nobody has any input on this subject.The M.P.H. Z-25 is a 24.125 GHz K-band with a 16ms POP as to the Z-35 also a 24.125 GHz K-band with a 16ms POP.The only difference in these to models is one is battery powered and the other is used by a cigarette lighter plug.So I would think that since the new Speed Gun Pro is also a K-band frequency more than likely 24.125 GHz with POP mode it utilizes a 16ms burst!
    You will have to check out the mph site I fear pal.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by V-1 3.872 View Post
    MPH bought out CMI, Inc., and MPH, as you stated, has the Speedgun K and Speedgun Plus K, like the basic MPH Z-15 K. As far as I know (have not checked in a long time), only the 2 hand guns as you stated, has POP. As you stated, a Pro model may include POP, got to check the MPH website first...
    Last edited by North Alabama; 09-19-2013 at 01:22 AM.

M.P.H. is were I found out about their new radar w/POP incorporated into it but there's no other info regarding the the frequency,band,or if it's a 16ms burst or 67ms burst.I think it's pretty cool looking though compared to their other models,you guy's should check it out.I'll do some more research and see if I can find out more on the new radar gun.

Radar Fanatic

16ms POP is undetectable according to tests. 67ms is detectable though. There are no 16ms Ka guns though, only 67ms.

Yeah I know that 16ms burst come from K band and 67ms comes from Ka band,but like I've said there's no indication on this new radar gun whether it's a K band gun or Ka or what frequency to even find out what it's utilizing.However,I do have to disagree about 16ms being totally undetectable because it can be detected only by one R.D.that i know of and that's the Valentine one.I'm aware of what test your talking about but I've seen other test for my own two eye's that say yes.

Perhaps,the Redline can detect the 16ms burst but I haven't seen any test on that one or for my own two eye's yet,but I would love to say yes it can!

Mobile Installer

POP cant be used to issue a ticket so no need to worry.

That's right they have to use I/O afterwards