Thread: New/old V1

Advanced Member

Default New/old V1

Many years back I bought 2 Valentines both were software version 3.826 which is a highly regarded version. I put one of them in my bottom desk drawer and forgot about it until recently, should it be as good as factory new or would it need tuning from sitting that long?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.radardetector.net/forums/images/colortheory/smilies/custom/zombie3.gif[/SIGPIC]

V1 3.826

In Memory of Stealth Stalker
    Requiescat in Pace

Experienced

Default Re: New/old V1

Aside from a couple of user programing features - the most important one being the addition of the "ESP", which allows a more customized use by the owner (with the added cost of the software), your old version should be as efficient in detecting radar on all bands currently in use today, including LiDar.

From an electronic point of veiw, these RDs are well made and rarely (if ever) need any kind of refurbishing due to age/use. Since your spare has been stored in "safe" location (optimum temp., humidity, etc.) it should perform just as well as a new version.

If I'm wrong in these comments, hopefully some one else will come in and give you more details. As for longevity, people report no change in performance even after many years of use.

The following link will take you to a thread page post of all the changes in the V1's history over the years of its existence -

http://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?t=7830?t=7830
    Last edited by Mr Q; 04-10-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Advanced Member

Thanks for your reply!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.radardetector.net/forums/images/colortheory/smilies/custom/zombie3.gif[/SIGPIC]

V1 3.826

In Memory of Stealth Stalker
    Requiescat in Pace

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Z View Post
    Many years back I bought 2 Valentines both were software version 3.826 which is a highly regarded version. I put one of them in my bottom desk drawer and forgot about it until recently, should it be as good as factory new or would it need tuning from sitting that long?
    Older V1's tend to "drift" off frequency & lose sensitivity to radar reception.If you go to VR website you can type in your ser. # there & see the cost to get it updated to the latest f/w.

Mobile Installer

If the v1 ever acts strange do a factory reset on it. If that does not work send it in for a tuneup.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Z View Post
    hey there, im seemingly back from the dead. anyway i upgraded my 3.826 because it fell out of tune and would detect Ka band frequencies as K band which basically rendered it useless. they upgraded it to 3.893 but it cost $199 and has worked pretty well for a year now. it works even better with the new smartphone app gadget thingie which allows your to change your settings in seconds and switch into dark mode with a touch.