Default Why is my valentine one radar all of a sudden picking up truck drivers and others?

i think it is picking up other peoples radars. it is very annoying and i want to know why it is doing this and how to stop it. Also as it is getting hot do you keep your radar out of the sun? i do not remove it because that seems tedious and it seems like they would make them to be heat resistant because they are used right on the windshield. also how often do you get it tuned? if i need a tune-up how much does that cost?

it is a newer model with pop mode i think the model from 2 years ago. without checking i remember it is "crystal tuned" and i am thinking 1.85

It acts like it is almost to sensitive, but it picks up everything else normally like security systems, coppers, etc. I had it in A mode for a while and changed it to little "L" but it did nothing and big L had the same result. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by j1391j; 06-15-2014 at 04:24 PM.

V1 Zombie

Default Re: Why is my valentine one radar all of a sudden picking up truck drivers and others

When possible pull the radar down. Two reasons 1st even thou they are designed to handle the sun/heat it will shorten the life of the unit. That goes for any window mounted device. 2nd it will be stolen if it’s in plain view. Now if you have the crystal tuned unit an 'E' will appear on the display if it has issues. Not sure why trucks are setting off your unit (k band?) I know that some very large diesel engines in tractors and trains set the k band off on my unit. It could also be the vehicles cruise control. Not sure thou without more information.

Default Re: Why is my valentine one radar all of a sudden picking up truck drivers and others

it has seemed to be very random, though after posting this i decided i should take it down. i do normally when i am aywhere it can get stolen. what kind of info do you need? i am pretty sure it has been k band. and cops here use ka mostly but some k band. since it does not read it to me, i do not always look.i am use to them reading it off... about a week or two before it started happening i picked up a bike cop using laser(x) on someone else, then he hit me the entire time i went by him. i have not gotten an E yet

most of the time it is random truckers, but sometimes it is just normal cars. i can tell it is the car because the arrow follows them as i pass them and they pass me. it has almost became a game between me and my girlfriend to figure out which car it is. though in my mind it is still annoying. 1 or 2 have had radars, most have not.

http://www.valentine1.com/gps/ someone on yahoo answers gave me this. good info there
    Last edited by j1391j; 06-19-2014 at 07:24 PM. Reason: car types

GPS Blocking | Valentine One | Radar Detectors someone on yahoo answers gave me this. i did not know about this

Advanced Member

Do what do I do, turn off POP (J arrow down) if MPH is not used in your area. Put arrows 7 and b down, tab volume at 10 o'clock and main volume at full, in little l mode. A weak K band will come in at a low volume to watch as a heads up to a possible Leo. If the signal gets stronger, the volume gets loud for your attention. If it is Ka, keep the Ka Guard on (6 arrow up) unless you segment with apps with the Guard off (I like it off for fast I/O)...

this is like reading binary code to me

@ghz1 this is interesting, i have decided to start taking it down for the summer. but i did find all the falses that can be picked up from V1 that was a good read. No e has come up.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by j1391j View Post
    this is like reading binary code to me
    Sorry if you didn't understand. Go the V1 website, tech section and find the program charts and follow them. Hope that is not as bad a binary, octical, nor hex, even I can't remember them. It is like this, you have to program the V1 which you can do! Goggle the V1 website for it has a lot of info, learn it for that is half the battle for a novice who knows nothing about radar/lidar is a blind driver fixing to get a ticket. Remember, a RD is NOT a free pass to drive the way we want too....

I'm afraid as we go forward and many new vehicles are transmitting K band and laser, there are going to be many alerts which are not Leo. Frankly it is getting to be a pain.

V1 Zombie

I agree. However it’s not too hard to tell the differences between false and police. Guess it comes with hours be hide the V1. With connect it'seasy. Laser is the only really tricky one. Keep the faith.