Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Speed Demon

Default Re: V1 did not pickup PA state trooper

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman59 View Post
    The V-1 has very sharp window for LEO radar frequency's so it does not alert if outside this window. I have ran across this before on automated radar speed signs. The v-1 does not alert if the radar is transmitting out of band. The STI does not have the sharp band edges and alerts. Could be that the unit or units were operating out of band. If you have not paid the ticket, you might fight it and request the calibration data for the unit, Tnx
    What you state is true.There is also another reason not mentioned about Speed Sign radars...some use FMCW which almost all U.S. RDs cannot detect !

Mobile Installer

I was out in western Pa and saw low power K band built into a long guard rail with a cop up ahead 1 mile pulling people over.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by radarrob View Post
    I was out in western Pa and saw low power K band built into a long guard rail with a cop up ahead 1 mile pulling people over.
    I've seen those on YouTube used in Europe & other countries, this is the first time I heard they are now in the U.S.

Advanced Member

If the Op knew how fast he was going, and if it was a few mph faster than the Leo caught him at. Then we know that the radar was at an angle up close and not pointed toward him down the road. Concluding, that the Op had driven into the cross beam. And with a lot of K band filtering and a low power tight beam radar, the V1 could miss a simple C/O. And even an I/O in other states, with junk filtering on. The V1 thinking it is a TFM.....But I would think the driver would know that PA is mostly K band and not filter that band.....X2 on what the other members put forth.....Not to give a Leo a hint, but change the H, V, or C pattern, sssshhhhh! Most members know how to do it to make a RD almost blind. Sssssshhhhhh! Don't say it.......
    Last edited by North Alabama; 07-22-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exmeaguy View Post
    The ticket said radar, so it was not VASCAR. VASCAR is used by the locals. PA troops do not use laser. PA is supposed to only use K and Ka and V1 should be picking these up. I have no confidence in the V1 at this point.
    I've seen PA Troopers use X-band radar in Eastern PA & actually got a ticket b/c I thought it was no longer used there & had it turned-off on my V1.
    When you turn-on your V1 & it steps thru the preferences you have it set-up for...does K-band show as being "ON" ?
    Are there no K-band speed sign drones near you that you could drive by to see if the V1 detects it ?

pSap is X-band in the Ford Explorer?