Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love my new V1

Speed Demon

Default Love my new V1

just recieved my V1 yesterday morning which replaced my x50. All i can say is...wow! already it has saved me from 2 Ka units (chp) on the freeway, and wouldnt you know it, one cop was trailing me for a few miles, the rear arrow was lit for a few miles with Ka. That was pretty awesome watching the cop follow going legal speeds. Must have frustrated him. K range smoked my x50 and seems as the Ka is also better on the V1 also! Will never get another detector again. V1 is the only one for me.

Yoda of Radar

Congradulations, welcome to the best club out there.... :wink:

Speed Demon

thanks, now i just gotta figure out how to hardwire it. its currently on the passenger side with the suction cup mounts with a long wire coming down.

Yoda of Radar

If you haven't figured out yet Against, HOLE is the new host of the previous Ask Jeeves..... :wink:

ES13Raven

Default Re: Love my new V1

Quote Originally Posted by againstme!
    just recieved my V1 yesterday morning which replaced my x50.
    Hey Man...

I just saw that you are from Fresno too. Good to see more peeps from California on this board. I just got my V1 about a week and a half ago too. I had the X50 and RX65 before that.

I have not seen anyone in Fresno with a V1 yet, but you do see a bunch of Crappy Cobras. There are quite a few X50s though, because they are sold at Best Buy and Sharper Image here.

We will have to exchange stories and warn each other of speed traps in "The No" :wink:

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    Good to see more peeps from California on this board.
    Stop rubbin it in God Damnit :cry: :cry: :cry:

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by againstme!
    just recieved my V1 yesterday morning which replaced my x50. All i can say is...wow! already it has saved me from 2 Ka units (chp) on the freeway, and wouldnt you know it, one cop was trailing me for a few miles, the rear arrow was lit for a few miles with Ka. That was pretty awesome watching the cop follow going legal speeds. Must have frustrated him. K range smoked my x50 and seems as the Ka is also better on the V1 also! Will never get another detector again. V1 is the only one for me.
    One of my favorite things about V1 is that it doesn't just alert me to radar traps, it also helps me be aware of the presence of LEO's in my vicinity - such as driving behind me. On occasion I've picked one up far, far behind me - and used every hill crest or curve to put distance between us. Instead of slowing down because there is a threat 'somewhere' I know I can actually speed up and stay out of his reach - and still, if he decides to come barreling up from behind, I'll know that too and can slow down or whatever long before he even takes notice of me. That's why I wouldn't consider changing to anything else. To me, other 'features' such as frequency readouts and the like just don't give me information I really have much use for, not like the V1 does.

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
    it also helps me be aware of the presence of LEO's in my vicinity - such as driving behind me. On occasion I've picked one up far, far behind me
    This is one of the reasons I wanted the V1 as well. I took a trip to the coast one time, and I started to get a 2/9 Ka alert on my RX65. I thought I was coming up on a CHP far away. Then I saw a CHP pass me from behind.

There was no terrain or cars in front of me to bounce back the signal to the RX65, so I didn't get the alert until it was too late. Good thing I wasn't speeding. :wink:

Speed Demon

hey ES13Raven, where you live in Fresno? thats pretty cool man. we need to share speed trap info. you any good at car installations? i need to hardwire my v1.