Lead Foot

Question Savvy causing check engine light?

I just took my 2015 wrx to the dealer after the check engine lights came on several days ago (and for regular service among other things). Well I got a call stating that the issues were fixed, and that the check engine light was a result of two (2) issues. One was a mechanical problem that was fixed. The other, the service rep stated, was a result of the savvy being plugged in. Now I have had the savvy in the vehicle for about 2 months so far with no problems, so I am leaning more towards it just being a coincidence. I am just looking for any others with this type of experience so I can decide if i should continue to use it or not. Thanks.

Lead Foot

Default Re: Savvy causing check engine light?

Judging by the lack of response, i am guessing nobody else has had Savvy cause a CEL. I assumed this was not an issue, since as soon as i picked my car up from service, 10 days ago, i plugged my Savvy back in and have had no problems.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by xxbillay View Post
    Judging by the lack of response, i am guessing nobody else has had Savvy cause a CEL. I assumed this was not an issue, since as soon as i picked my car up from service, 10 days ago, i plugged my Savvy back in and have had no problems.

Good to hear. Did they manage to pull any fault codes off?
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

What's a "savvy"?

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Finn View Post
    What's a "savvy"?

Here you go:

Savvy | Valentine One | Radar Detectors

Or you can ask Ike:

Last edited by Veil Guy; 04-28-2016 at 03:15 PM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook