Good Citizen

Default will mike have a solution for laser falsing caused by anti collision soon ?

The situation of driving with V1 near Mazda, Skoda, Volvo and more cars is a no no, i'v been in contact with Pete about this issue for 2 years now and nothing happened.
    At first V1 wrote to me that all manufacturers had this issue but I now I really don't buy it.
    I'm getting tired of the "we are always working on something new" .
    Someone has any intel about this ?
    Thanks

Manufacturer

Default Re: will mike have a solution for laser falsing caused by anti collision soon ?

Quote Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post
    The situation of driving with V1 near Mazda, Skoda, Volvo and more cars is a no no, i'v been in contact with Pete about this issue for 2 years now and nothing happened.
    At first V1 wrote to me that all manufacturers had this issue but I now I really don't buy it.
    I'm getting tired of the "we are always working on something new" .
    Someone has any intel about this ?
    Thanks
    Actually one vendor already has and I believe it is still unique to them.

That company is Whistler. Their CR88 and CR93 first off have very very good laser sensitivity and can also detect some very difficult to detector police lasers. Second Whistler has pulse counting technology which can also display the pulse rates which help you identify the gun that is being used against you.

Whistlers with their sensitive laser can alert to Volvo and some Infiniti lidar based systems, however, these specific pulse rates can be manually locked out.

The new CR models have noticeably better K and Ka band sensitivity as well as improved off-axis as a result of a redesigned horn. I found this out because I noticed a big improvement in off-axis and their engineering department confirm the geometry change.

VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Speed Demon

Default Re: will mike have a solution for laser falsing caused by anti collision soon ?

Get yourself a good laser jammer such as AntiLaser Priority. Then you can turn off Laser on your V1. Laser detection is pointless anymore.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by midd View Post
    Get yourself a good laser jammer such as AntiLaser Priority. Then you can turn off Laser on your V1. Laser detection is pointless anymore.

Not true and here's just one (there are others) of why.

Keep in mind folks that when jammers fail to jam they generally even fail to DETECT and alert, so you'll be driving with a $2000 plus system entirely vulnerable. Whether you incorporate Veil or a LaserShield, or a black car bra into the mix, having a detector like a V1 still can give you a warning which can be critical.

It never ceases to amaze me these blanket terse statements like "just get [fill in the blank] jammer and you'll be all set" are thrown around so much. It's nonsense. To rely on any one single point of failure is foolish especially when those assertions are coming from other hardcore enthusiasts. You can NEVER have TOO MUCH protection!
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 08-30-2016 at 03:47 PM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Speed Demon

LOL I see what you did there...."Don't buy into the hype of a jammer, get Veil instead!" Spoken like a true salesman!

Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post

Keep in mind folks that when jammers fail to jam they generally even fail to DETECT and alert, so you'll be driving with a $2000 plus system entirely vulnerable. Whether you incorporate Veil or a LaserShield, or a black car bra into the mix, having a detector like a V1 still can give you a warning which can be critical.

It never ceases to amaze me these blanket terse statements like "just get [fill in the blank] jammer and you'll be all set" are thrown around so much. It's nonsense. To rely on any one single point of failure is foolish especially when those assertions are coming from other hardcore enthusiasts. You can NEVER have TOO MUCH protection!

Manufacturer

LOL I see what you did there...."Don't buy into the hype of a jammer, get Veil instead!" Spoken like a true salesman!

Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post

Nah, actually not, but unfortunate that you can't see that, hopefully others will.