Default Need help with new V1

I purchased a V1 new and will be getting the Bluetooth. I downloaded the V1 driver. Is that the best app? I really don't know what would be the best settings for it?? I do know that I am in NY so we have K wide, Ka Wide and laser. Any help would be most appreciated!!

Manufacturer

Default Re: Need help with new V1

Veil Guy's Recommended V1 Custom Sweeps Profile

Spent months experimenting and have arrived at the following config.

Here's what I have found works really well, so far in my experiences, over the standard recommend 100mhz+- widely used sweeps recommended by VR:

I call my profile, CENTER WEIGHTED INTERLEAVED SWEPT PATTERN:

S0: 33.768-33.900 (wide, default, always engaged)
    S1: 34.681-34.740 (tight, center weighted)
    S2: 35.482-35.541 (tight, center weighted)
    S3: 33.782-33.841 (tight, center weighted)
    S4: 35.394-35.600 (wide)
    S5: 34.774-34.804 (wide)
    S6: 34.593-34.770 (wide)

Note: Sweeps S4-S6, can be widened if one wishes to expand inclusion of guns further out of center.

Order may (haven't definitively proven to myself that it has) have a positive impact and is designed (at least, theoretically) to maximize the opportunity of the V1 to catch very brief glimpses of Kal, Kam, and Kah each. From an overall timing sequence order may not be significant, but I am trying to afford the V1 the best opportunity to be in the neighborhood when a signal comes along by interleaving them. All I can say is that I see a definite pop in liveliness overall with the above pattern. 33.8 now consistently bests all my seg'd M3s. 34.7 often enough to notice. 35.5 not seen enough (in my areas) to make a definitive determination either way (but expect it would improve).

Misc Options:

Self mute logic: ON
    Time Period: 3
    No muting above 3 on first alert: ON
    Unmute above 5: ON
    K Rear Mute: ON
    Out of box muting out 100mhz centers on Ka: ON
    Traffic Monitor Filter: ON (to filter out obnoxious K-band Audi-like systems for those requiring K reception).
    Other bands ON (as required for area), except Ku.

The idea with these sweeps is that I am weighting towards guns closer to their spec'd centers of 33.8, 34.7, 35.5 (which I see far more often than out of "tune" guns). I am also experimenting with swapping S5 and S6 (because that original breakdown came from the unit itself when it split the sweep in two). I am also going to experiment with swapping positions of S5 & S6 with S4, to balance out the last two Ka sweeps a bit more.

I've been quite happy with these and hope you find your V1C wakes up a bit more with the above settings (or slight variations of).
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Default Re: Need help with new V1

Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    Veil Guy's Recommended V1 Custom Sweeps Profile

Spent months experimenting and have arrived at the following config.

Here's what I have found works really well, so far in my experiences, over the standard recommend 100mhz+- widely used sweeps recommended by VR:

I call my profile, CENTER WEIGHTED INTERLEAVED SWEPT PATTERN:

S0: 33.768-33.900 (wide, default, always engaged)
    S1: 34.681-34.740 (tight, center weighted)
    S2: 35.482-35.541 (tight, center weighted)
    S3: 33.782-33.841 (tight, center weighted)
    S4: 35.394-35.600 (wide)
    S5: 34.774-34.804 (wide)
    S6: 34.593-34.770 (wide)

Note: Sweeps S4-S6, can be widened if one wishes to expand inclusion of guns further out of center.

Order may (haven't definitively proven to myself that it has) have a positive impact and is designed (at least, theoretically) to maximize the opportunity of the V1 to catch very brief glimpses of Kal, Kam, and Kah each. From an overall timing sequence order may not be significant, but I am trying to afford the V1 the best opportunity to be in the neighborhood when a signal comes along by interleaving them. All I can say is that I see a definite pop in liveliness overall with the above pattern. 33.8 now consistently bests all my seg'd M3s. 34.7 often enough to notice. 35.5 not seen enough (in my areas) to make a definitive determination either way (but expect it would improve).

Misc Options:

Self mute logic: ON
    Time Period: 3
    No muting above 3 on first alert: ON
    Unmute above 5: ON
    K Rear Mute: ON
    Out of box muting out 100mhz centers on Ka: ON
    Traffic Monitor Filter: ON (to filter out obnoxious K-band Audi-like systems for those requiring K reception).
    Other bands ON (as required for area), except Ku.

The idea with these sweeps is that I am weighting towards guns closer to their spec'd centers of 33.8, 34.7, 35.5 (which I see far more often than out of "tune" guns). I am also experimenting with swapping S5 and S6 (because that original breakdown came from the unit itself when it split the sweep in two). I am also going to experiment with swapping positions of S5 & S6 with S4, to balance out the last two Ka sweeps a bit more.

I've been quite happy with these and hope you find your V1C wakes up a bit more with the above settings (or slight variations of).
    Thats phenomenal information THANK you!!
    Do I use the V1 driver app to make these changes or something else??