Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm confused

Advanced Member

Thumbs up Re: I'm confused

Quote Originally Posted by camkuhns View Post
    The way I drive, I really don’t need a radar detector.
    I think you may have something there. If you only drive 10 mph over, eyes, and a rd work too. Ever buy a performance car like the 2020 Vette, the best detection is a no brainer. FYI, the Uniden DFR6 (last tested in 2016) is sold out used on Amazon. The DFR7 (also tested in 2016) with GPS is still new there for $159. I drive with the DFR1 in city, and DFR6 on the highway in my 18 Camaro 2SS. The 2020 Vette on my list will get a R3, not the R7, since it's identical, all but the cute arrows, and the ugly build they stole from Valentine.

Kmeleon
    Last edited by Kmeleon; 07-30-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Advanced Member

Default Re: I'm confused

Another way to determine your unit's last FCC test date is to ask "the model year" from vendor's. This technique is not a guarantee of that date, but it beats buying the unit, looking on the bottom, and having to return it used. A third, but least reliable way, is making note of "review dates of other customers in other forums." Its accuracy can have a real drawback ie, the Uniden DFR5 and DFR3 were the same model year, and FCC testing date, however, in Amazon, the DFR3's reviews are mostly 2018, vs the DFR5's mostly from 2015, yet both were last FCC tested in 2016. This makes no sense, unless Uniden's release dates on both units were in different years. Still crazier, why release the 5 before the 3?

Kmeleon
    Last edited by Kmeleon; 09-10-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Advanced Member

Defunct? When you get hammered by todays new cop tech? FCC dates important? Get real....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by North Alabama View Post
    Defunct? When you get hammered by todays new cop tech? FCC dates important? Get real....
    I think you made my point. Over the target.

Kmeleon

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by North Alabama View Post
    I think you made my point. Over the target.

Kmeleon
    Ok, you're not shooting straight. That's ok. There's a learning curve for you. Your V1 is grandma on life support, got it? Good.

Kmeleon

Good Citizen

I think you may have something there. If you only drive 10 mph over, eyes, and a rd work too. Ever buy a performance car like the 2020 Vette, the best detection is a no brainer. FYI, the Uniden DFR6 (last tested in 2016) is sold out used on Amazon. The DFR7 (also tested in 2016) with GPS is still new there for $159. I drive with the DFR1 in city, and DFR6 on the highway in my 18 Camaro 2SS. The 2020 Vette on my list will get a R3, not the R7, since it's identical, all but the cute arrows, and the ugly build they stole from Valentine.

Kmeleon
    Even if I purchased a 2020 Vette, my RD of choice would still be a V1, regardless of how outdated you think they are.

Advanced Member

Kmeleon
    Even if I purchased a 2020 Vette, my RD of choice would still be a V1, regardless of how outdated you think they are.
    There really is something to say about product loyalty. I respect that. The facts are still, hardware quality improves yearly, and it's not just cpu's, it's optics built into new generation radar detectors. Software cannot supplant most of the hardware advances to stand alone.

The 2020 Vette exists, just not on any lot yet.

Kmeleon

Good Citizen

Kmeleon
    There really is something to say about product loyalty. I respect that. The facts are still, hardware quality improves yearly, and it's not just cpu's, it's optics built into new generation radar detectors. Software cannot supplant most of the hardware advances to stand alone.

The 2020 Vette exists, just not on any lot yet.

Kmeleon
    V1 has gone through a hardware change recently. The current hardware version is 1.86. My V1 has 1.85 hard ware version. Yes, I am loyal to V1 because it is the best detector I have ever come across.