Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm confused

Advanced Member

Default I'm confused

V1's fcc testing date? Just how old is this thing? The model number never changes, so how outdated is this technology? How do you know you're getting the latest V1?

Confusing to me.

Kmeleon

Good Citizen

Default Re: I'm confused

I don’t know what V1’s testing date s but the unit has been around for about 25 years. Depending on who you ask, some say it is outdated, others say it isn’t. The V1’s current version is 3.8952.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by camkuhns View Post
    I don’t know what V1’s testing date s but the unit has been around for about 25 years. Depending on who you ask, some say it is outdated, others say it isn’t. The V1’s current version is 3.8952.
    Ty. That's useful. I'm wondering if 3.8952 is a software update, or a new unit with a required fcc test date. I can't believe Valentine would use a 25yo V1 and never update that hardware. Still confusing, however, if the V1's 3.8952 number is a physical update it should have passed NEW fcc testing. That much I know. If you consider all other rd companies, they use different model numbers, and different software number updates over time.

Kmeleon

Advanced Member

Ran that 3.8952 here (https://fccid.io/), it is meaningless. TLI, do you have the FCCID from your V1? Look on the bottom of the unit.

Kmeleon
    Last edited by Kmeleon; 06-25-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Good Citizen

3.8952 is the latest software/hardware version. The V1 has seen updates over the years, firmware and hardware. I would imagine the FCC number should be the same as before. My V1, version 3.893, has an FCC ID of QJAV18A.
    Last edited by camkuhns; 06-29-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Advanced Member

3.8952 is the latest software/hardware version. The V1 has seen updates over the years, firmware and hardware. I would imagine the FCC number should be the same as before. My V1, version 3.893, has an FCC ID of QJAV18A.
    Your FCC LAST TEST DATE 7/2006, wow. Thx. I think your unit is expired, living on software updates for over a decade. Both units I run were fresh out the test box 2016. Their range, due to improved chip sets, refined horns, high sensitivity, and superior rejection, including refined tuned laser eyes, are exceptional and as up to date as it gets, with the exception of the new R7. Happy Trails mate!

Kmeleon

Advanced Member

These things matter camkuhns to your insurance company. One flagrant mess up can lead to thousands of dollars and a huge monthly insurance increase. I make no money here, retired, testing wares for fun, but heed my voice, your Valentine betrays you, it's on life support.

Kmeleon

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post
    These things matter camkuhns to your insurance company. One flagrant mess up can lead to thousands of dollars and a huge monthly insurance increase. I make no money here, retired, testing wares for fun, but heed my voice, your Valentine betrays you, it's on life support.

Kmeleon
    Don’t know how my V1 can mess up or betray me. I purchased the unit in 2012 and it hasn’t given me any problems.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post

Kmeleon
    Don’t know how my V1 can mess up or betray me. I purchased the unit in 2012 and it hasn’t given me any problems.
    A question at last. Your hardware is defunct. When you get hammered by todays new cop tech, let us know. The fact is new FCC tested rd's are far more advanced in range and discrimination. Sometimes you have to get that $300 ticket, and thousands in insurance increases. It's called "hard knocks."

Kmeleon

Good Citizen

I don’t consider my hardware defunct. The way I drive, I really don’t need a radar detector. I have one because I like to know where LEO’s are hiding.