Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default why does everyone?

I constantly read how everyone is getting better range with 3.826....less falsing etc etc............calling valentine, they told me not to waste the money.....3.826 is not an upgrade..........does anyone have any wriiten test reports that can conclude that 3.826 is the greatest thing since sliced bread as most of you claim?....or is it just that everyone wants the latest and greatest no matter what?....confused in NY......v 1.8 owner/no pop

Radar Fanatic

This is an email I sent VR, i dont know if it helps but he seems to think it fixes some problems. I didnt go into detail... i really just wanted the upgrade

The band overload- school buses here have K drones, when I am right beside the bus i get a burst of Ka- i dont know if its real Ka or a false

I am an active member in a forum and I recently found out about a new update. I believe it is 3.826?

Is this just a software upgrade? What exactly does it fix?

I have heard rumors of bogey "ghosting" or band overload and it alerts for a false Ka.

Can you please send me more information on this? How much for the upgrade? I currently have a 3.825 but I always want the latest and greatest.

Thank you,

Dear Sir:

Thanks for your email. Yes, you can send it in for the 3.826 upgrade if you wish. This software revision should take care of any strange problems that you may have encountered such as the ones mentioned in your note.

There is no charge for this software revision.

Cordially,

Pete Kaufman
    Sales Department

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by f_399
    This is an email I sent VR, i dont know if it helps but he seems to think it fixes some problems. I didnt go into detail... i really just wanted the upgrade

The band overload- school buses here have K drones, when I am right beside the bus i get a burst of Ka- i dont know if its real Ka or a false

I am an active member in a forum and I recently found out about a new update. I believe it is 3.826?

Is this just a software upgrade? What exactly does it fix?

I have heard rumors of bogey "ghosting" or band overload and it alerts for a false Ka.

Can you please send me more information on this? How much for the upgrade? I currently have a 3.825 but I always want the latest and greatest.

Thank you,

Dear Sir:

Thanks for your email. Yes, you can send it in for the 3.826 upgrade if you wish. This software revision should take care of any strange problems that you may have encountered such as the ones mentioned in your note.

There is no charge for this software revision.

Cordially,

Pete Kaufman
    Sales Department

Same thing I was told when I talked to one of their techs! Michael Negussu @ valentine.

ES13Raven

Default Re: why does everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by japs52
    v 1.8 owner/no pop
    Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't he have to have a hardware upgrade to get to 3.826.

Basically what they are telling you is that if POP is not needed, then it would be a waste of your money to upgrade. Your pre-POP version would perform the same.

Experienced

funny though "itsjustme's" 3.826 with pop mode on had the best range on k and KA bands of all the v1's tested compared to 3.825.

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud9
    funny though "itsjustme's" 3.826 with pop mode on had the best range on k and KA bands of all the v1's tested compared to 3.825.
    If he has a pre-POP unit, the latest version he could have would be 3.817

Radar Fanatic

so is 3.826 the best performing version?

not considering pop, ka falses, junking....

Experienced

the test indicated he had 3.826..itsjustme indicated in an older thread he had left pop mode on for the tests.

Professional

Default Re: why does everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by japs52
    I constantly read how everyone is getting better range with 3.826....less falsing etc etc............calling valentine, they told me not to waste the money.....3.826 is not an upgrade..........does anyone have any wriiten test reports that can conclude that 3.826 is the greatest thing since sliced bread as most of you claim?....or is it just that everyone wants the latest and greatest no matter what?....confused in NY......v 1.8 owner/no pop

what version do you have? if it is pre-POP, DONT UPGRADE IT!!!!!

Experienced

i had a 2003 model that got stolen...i now have a new 3.826.

Its all listed in my Signature