Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default V1 user opinion please

V1 users-

I've got a Bel RX65 on it's way to me. But you're making me wonder if I've picked the wrong RD. If I stick with the RX65 and get a ticket due to late Laser alert or lack of a Bogey Counter I will feel pretty stupid.

I could return the RX65 within its 30-day period and get a V1.

So, would you mind helping me out by answering these Yes/No questions?

1. Are the complaints about the V1 from the press about hyper-falsing (i.e. Chicken Little references) exaggerated, is it really OK for you, specifically the POP detection and the K band detection complaints?

2. If you are using a Laser Pro Park, Laser Shield and Veil, are the Laser detection advantages V1 offers over the Bel RX65 worthwhile, as eventually (sort of) the RX65 will pick up the incoming Laser and the countermeasures will give me enough time to adjust speed?

3. I do a lot of driving in New Jersey; and make high-speed trips to Boston, Maryland and Vermont. I'm wondering if the Bel RX65 is better for this area of the country than the V1; because it does a better job of filtering out false alerts.

4. Is the concealed add-on to V1... further driving up the price and adding another component and cable... an inconvenience considering the ease and convenience of going dark with an RX65?

Yoda of Radar

Your putting this question in the V1 section... what do you think will be recommended here?

Newcomer

Is the V1 so sacred it can't be criticized?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by tomoc
    Is the V1 so sacred it can't be criticized?

Not to me... I am one of the most outspoken people to critique the V1, but you will find 95% of the people on this forum (in the V1 section) are unwilling(unable) to admit their 400 dollar detector has faults... which it does, and that its not the best under every circumstance.

I just stated that asking what is better product: X vs. Z, in the forum of X, probably wont go over very well for product Z. See?

They work worst in the Honda (all models) due to an electromagnetic load differential in the motor of the power window's automatic up/down drivers side switch.

You are probobly some slow driven ***** that should:

1. Stay out of the cruising lane.

2. Save your money and by some sun glasses.

3. Do your homework~don't come on here everynight pissen and
    moaning about your not sure about this and that~~~~~L8R

Good Citizen

Default Re: V1 user opinion please

The following are my opinons:
    You won't find many Yes or No answers to be helpful with this descision.
    I own a V1 and my buddy owns the RX65

1. Are the complaints about the V1 from the press about hyper-falsing (i.e. Chicken Little references) exaggerated, is it really OK for you, specifically the POP detection and the K band detection complaints?
    Bottom line, V1 = most sensitive radar/laser detection but you'll have to deal with less advanced filtering ------ understand its not a cop detector ------ the chicken little crap is just because V1 is more about sensitivity over filtering ------ more about be alerted of a potential threat over automatic filtering that decides for you if it is likely to be a LEO.

2. If you are using a Laser Pro Park, Laser Shield and Veil, are the Laser detection advantages V1 offers over the Bel RX65 worthwhile, as eventually (sort of) the RX65 will pick up the incoming Laser and the countermeasures will give me enough time to adjust speed? Laser = you are almost certainly screwed ------ its all about being able to catch laser scatter from vehicles in front being hit before you get within laser distance. V1 has greater sensitivity to laser in the tests Roy has done, but the RX65 and X50 are close seconds ------ in this case its survival of the fittest and V1 would appear to be the leader with laser sensitivity at this point in time.

3. I do a lot of driving in New Jersey; and make high-speed trips to Boston, Maryland and Vermont. I'm wondering if the Bel RX65 is better for this area of the country than the V1; because it does a better job of filtering out false alerts. My opinon is the RX65 does have more agressive advanced filtering ------ decide why you want a RD, decide how serious you take it and decide ------ do I want to decide myself if a given encounter is a threat ------ the V1 and more falses or do I want a computer to decide for me and get less falses ------ the RX65 NJ uses everything so you cannot turn off more then maybe POP on the V1 and program longer mutes on the X bands.

4. If you activate the Ku feature on the V1, does it reduce performance on the other bands? Keep in mind I need the X-band cause I'm in Jersey. Should not affect the other bands and Ku isn't used in the states yet ------ just europe as far as I know.

5. Is the concealed add-on to V1... further driving up the price and adding another component and cable... an inconvenience considering the ease and convenience of going dark with an RX65? concealed display is all about the arrows with the V1 ------ within a week or two you'll know by the sounds of the V1 what band of radar and how strong the signal is without having to look at a display ------ but I love the arrows, they help me size up each encounter effectively and efficently

Newcomer

Yeah, (Airmoore) I got it, I just hoped that the way I wrote my questions and the long-winded preamble would get V1 users to realize that I'm asking them to really look in the mirror and be honest about the V1, to consider that even though it might be the best detector in general, it might not be the best in the Northeast section of the USA, or it might not be worth the extra price if you've got a Laser Pro park and the rest of it.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Good Citizen

[quote="LUV2FLY"]They work worst in the Honda (all models) due to an electromagnetic load differential in the motor of the power window's automatic up/down drivers side switch.

what? I drive a honda where is this star trek explanation about the electromagnetic load differential documented to interfere with RD's?

My previous post can definetly be applied to Menace as well. This dude is like driven Ms Daisy and Forest Gump is Riden Shotgun~!!

Professional

LUV2 FLY,
    That was a pretty mean reply for your first post on here.

tomoc,
    I would advise you to repost your question in the General section and try to be a little less wordy.
    Maybe you can sum up your main issues with a few sentences and I'm sure you will get some fair and balanced replies.