Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yoda of Radar

Default Valentine 1 Update Great News

Well everyone knows the issues I had with my V1 so I sent it back to them and:

I called this morning and maybe 2 hours later (not bad at all), a (very good) Tech. "Mike" got back to me. (Not Valentine himself... I asked )

But (Needless to say) this Mike was extremely knowledgeable aboutall of this.

The first thing to be noted, was that he noticed the cosmetic damage (on the inside of the display) and that it would be replaced (fixed) without a doubt. So that was taken care of....

Now he actually went on to tell me that they thoroughly tested my unit and could not find anything wrong, they took it out in the field and said they didnt have the issues with the front antenna I was having. They also tested it out with the 34.7 Stalker (the biggest issue), and said that it was on-par with their normal sensativity for that frequncy... and ontrack with all their V1's... we (he) determined that it certainly wasnt my cars windsheild causing this...
    (So at this point I am like "oh great... im getting it back for all this continue"... I was incorrect, he said he would -just to be sure- "completely replace the 'reciever' on the unit"... along with the display issue" and send it out today)... so I would have it by mid-next week at the latest!

SO all in all, I am extremely pleased with the V1 service (especially the Tech "mike" on this issue), he was very helpfull to me, explained everything they did to it, what the results were, he explained a lot about the sensativity of the V1 vs. other detectors... overall he knew exactly what he was talking about concerning the V1 and other brands... and how they should compare.

I feel they (VR), especially their Tech "Mike" treated me very fairly, was helpful, and will have resolved the issues at hand without a doubt when I recieve my V1 by early (to) mid next week. Has anyone else delt with the tech. "Mike"? Heck I want to request him everytime... it was a great (tech service) experience for me concerning my issues.

Hope to see it by Tuesday. 8)

Radar Fanatic

great story! i love it when "customer service" know their product!

ill make sure to ask for mike when i call VR with a problem

hope you get your V1 soon and enjoy it!

ES13Raven

Default Re: Valetine 1 Update Great News

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    we (he) determined that it certainly wasnt my cars windsheild causing this...
    Air, do you have a tint-band, metalized tinting or any kind of special windshield?

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine1.com
    We found that all windshields reduce radar detector range by a minor amount. These are the "okay" cars. V1 can easily live with those losses.

The "terrible" cars cut radar detector range by 95 percent. Even V1 can't protect you through those windshields.

The "terrible" windshields all have a silver-based metallic film between laminations, usually put there to reflect the sun's infrared radiation. Ford had a different idea with its InstaClear system (now out of production), which used the film as a defroster.

Here's a list of "terrible" cars:
    • Audi A8 with optional "insulated glass" (look for a bronze tint).
    • Some Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable, Lincoln Town Car, and Lincoln Continental models with optional InstaClear (look for a bronze tint).
    • General Motors--All 1989-1996 Chevrolet Lumina minivan, Pontiac Trans Sport, Oldsmobile Silhouette; all 1998 and newer Chevrolet Venture, Pontiac Trans Sport, Olds Silhouette minivans; some 90s Buick Roadmasters and Chevrolet Impala SSs; some late-80s/early-90s Corvettes (look for a red-bronze tint).
    SOME STICK-ON WINDOW TINT FILMS ARE "TERRIBLE" TOO. Some tint films also have metallized layers. Car and Driver supplied samples from Wal-Mart (Axius brand) and AutoZone (Gila brand). The Axius films have no effect on radar reception in our tests.

However, the Gila package claims its films have metallized layers, and our tests of Gila films produced the significant radar loses we associate with metallized films.

WARNING: V1's Radar Locator depends on the rear antenna having an unobstructed view back through the interior of your car. Metallized films on side and rear windows will confuse the Radar Locator.

Yoda of Radar

No I dont, since my other detectors all have superb range and he had never heard of my car (Eagle Talon), giving RD's problems... it is pretty much determined it wasnt th car(s windshield)

Professional

another Zombie sighting!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

welcome to the party pal!

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    No I dont, since my other detectors all have superb range and he had never heard of my car (Eagle Talon), giving RD's problems... it is pretty much determined it wasnt th car(s windshield)
    1st gen or 2nd gen DSM?

Good Citizen

So you finally got it sorted out, congrats Air 8) I will be expecting some performace reviews for you stat on tues

Professional

Great news AirMoore

Professional

Yep, I talked to Mike numerous times and each time he was very nice and new his stuff--unlike Penney :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted:

Experienced

Great news Air!