Newcomer

Default Now that I sent in for the upgrade

Ok guys, I'll be the first to say that I am a novice when it comes to sensitivity numbers and such. I really dont give a damn as long as my V-! does it job. I just sent my 1.8 in for POP upgrade and 3.826. Now that I have that done, how should I program the unit when it's returned? Any advise would be appreciated......also, did anyone notice in the manual when they show you the visor mount....they have it going on backwards. The clip doesnt stay on like that!....thanks

Radar Fanatic

You did not tell us enough about your surroundings? What band of LEO's? What band of falses? Where do you live?

Newcomer

I live in Dutchess County NY......travel on 84 or the Thruway occasionally........have no idea what the fuzz use around here...as I mentioned, Im a novice.....srry

Yoda of Radar

welcome to the board Japs. You need to PM Crazyvolvorob, he lives up there and will know all you need to know.

Radar Fanatic

speed trap info has a listing of what radar bands are used from state to state but like dave said u might wanna ask rob as he is most frequent through those roads now a days.

Newcomer

well.....I guess he is out of town .......his profile also says he lives in Rochester.....thats about 3 hrs north of where I am.....general thoughts on my post would be appreciated.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by japs52
    I live in Dutchess County NY......travel on 84 or the Thruway occasionally........have no idea what the fuzz use around here...as I mentioned, Im a novice.....srry
    well from my experience on the thruway (not really in '06 but in '05 back to '99) i have run into NYS Troopers on the thruway shooting Ka band radar. Watch out because they shoot instant-on Ka every once and a while which is proven to be deadly. they also shoot alot of laser and are one of the very best at doing so, so make sure you grab some veil and lasershield from roy if u havent already. also start thinking about a jammer especially if your on the thruway alot. on i-84 your going to run into more of the same, just more radar than laser. i used to drive both roads quite often. i also used to take i-80w (thru NJ to PA) to i380N to i-81N to syracuse. was the craziest shortcut, with that route and a v1 ive made it there in 3 hours a bunch of times. if u ever cut thru NJ, K and X and laser are your threats. and in PA, Ka and K and laser are your threats if u go thru there. watch out in northern pa too if u ever go there they LOVE to shoot that K band instant-on.