Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default V1 and Laser Atlanta Stealth Mode

For anyone who cares, I sent VR an email asking if the V1 can detect the Laser Atlanta stealth mode. Here's the response I got (and once again they were shockingly quick to reply):

Dear Sir:

Thanks. Mike and the engineers speculate that we should be able to get this type of laser gun, based on how the V1 works against lasers. Also, the site for this gun talks about how they immune to laser jamming. We've received a few calls about this topic, and some of the customers have confused laser jamming vs.. laser detection.

In any case, I don't think it's a problem. I think that, if it were, we would have received many calls on this topic.

Old Timer

you havnt recieved many calls on the atlanta stealth cause when ppl see it being pointed at you, you know that the v1 wont always pick up lasers. What people dont know is that it wouldnt be picked up even if it were being aimed at the detector.

Manufacturer

brick,

I would take that general commentary with a huge grain of salt.

VR certainly has the resources to test their detector against the LA-S.

I briefly did with an RX65 and the unit stayed SILENT during the entire encounter from 1500' out to the gun!

I am fairly certain that any detector, including the X50 and the V1 would exhibit the same behavior.

The reason, its not so much the fault of the laser detection feature of the detector, but more so the nature in which the LA-S works.

I would think the JTW could perform such a test with a his new LA S gun model that he is receiving and he would let us know.

Otherwise, we have a LA-R at our disposal and we could test it ourselves.

My bet: as great as the V1 is with laser, that the LA-S mode will beat it.
    Remember, this is just an "educated guess."

It's a great question though. Especially relevant for our European friends across the pond for which this operating mode was especially developed.

I have said before - I believe the LA is one of the most technically sophisticated and well thought out LIDAR units currently being offered.

Its ergonomic challenges may be a contributor for less market saturation (at least in the country.)

Personally, I would like to see this company and its products to do well [better] sales-wise, because I admire its engineering. A lot of technical thought has clearly gone into its execution.

I think of LA, Blinder, and VR as kindred brethren. They're each technically "tour-de-force" products.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Radar Fanatic

About the huge grain of salt, I think you're absolutely right. It sounded as if they hadn't really thought too hard about it so odds are it's going to fail like anything else. I just thought I'd post the response so everyone else didn't have to go running around asking them about it.

Founder of Stealthvation

Yeah VR acts like their poop dont stink. They come across REALLY stuck up. I tried to invite Mr. Kaufman to this forum and he responded back to me telling me that he and Mr. Valentine were not interested. Too bad their loss
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

They'd be idiots if they didn't read the board. This is the best customer feedback they'll ever find.

Banned

I just finished the stealth mode video that clearly shows it can't be detected by the 8500 X50 guys. After I talked with Valentine Reseach they admitted they didn't even have the Laser Atlanta to test it.

You can see the brand new video that was uploaded on the website today at http://www.jammertests.com

Chris

Radar Fanatic

Once a gain, an extremely informative video. It's interesting to see how the thing actually works. And scary that it does exactly what it's supposed to.

Founder of Stealthvation

Man Chris your video are bad to the bone. Keep up the GREAT work. Educating the consumer MUST cost you a small fortune. I personally I appreciate you work VERY much and CANT WAIT to see more videos. Test the V1 next. How do you get the laser beam to show up the way you did?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

IR is detectable by some digital CCD chips. If you have a digital camera with a LCD, aim your TV remote at it and look. You'll probably be able to see the LED pulsing.