Speed Demon

Default V1 line of sight

i have my v1 hardwired high, level with the rear view mirror. heres my question, when the V1 is level (with a leveler), the front antenna doesnt look straight out front but rather at an angle. the anteanna is pointed to the right instead of dead straight. as long as the V1 is level, would the range be hurt by the antenna pointed out left instead of straight? or sould i sacrifice the unit being level and point it out straight? thanks.

Lead Foot

You're probably splitting hairs, but I would rather have my V1 aligned straight ahead than have some tilt (in other words I would rather have it be level parallel with the car and aligned straight ahead at the expense of some tilt from the left to right)

The reason being, the V1 detects radar relatively high/low, but once you pass the left/right sides of the antenna, reception falls off rapidly. You'll want that around turns.

Speed Demon

ok that makes sense. thats what i figured but so many people swear by it being level and i have seen a pie chart of the V1's field of view and it was guite broad so i figured it would still pick it up even at an angle. guess ill give it a slight tilt to aim it sraight.