Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just got my V1, recommendations for PA?

I'm still new to this stuff and trying learn as fast as possible. My last car had a RD built in that was installed by the previous owner. I used it mostly as a novelty, but I drive a lot more now. My route to work is 25 miles, 20 highway, 5 "city". With my first trip to work with the V1 I got a huge amount of falses, mostly K, some X. They were mostly in the city, and I could usually tell they were near CVS's and other stores with automatic doors. I had it in Advanced Logic mode the whole drive and still got lots of falses on the highway. One even showed a strong K signal and 3 bogeys when I passed one of those orange construction signs that flashes warnings (nothing else in the area). What I'm getting at is I'd like to get rid of as many falses as possible while not losing too much protection. The map shows where I drive most of the time, starting from the green circle. Any suggestions? Thanks.

[/img]

Professional

If X band is not used in your surrounding areas, turn X Band off.

If it is being used in your area, drive in L mode all the time... you can set a delay on K band which will help.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Brent_Vino
    If X band is not used in your surrounding areas, turn X Band off.

If it is being used in your area, drive in L mode all the time... you can set a delay on K band which will help.
    X2 :wink:

Speed Demon

PA state police use K band. Due to a state law, local police do not operate radar. If you drive regularly in New Jersey leave X band on. I would drive around in PA using logic mode, lowercase L. Become familiar with K band falses around your area. Once you have, you can they play around with the K band mute options and maybe step up to Advanced Logic mode to weed out X band falses. Definitely drive in A mode on highways.

Thanks for the help. So there's no X in PA? I've been driving in Advanced Logic everywhere and still get a lot of K falses. Should I turn POP off?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AaronD81
    Thanks for the help. So there's no X in PA? I've been driving in Advanced Logic everywhere and still get a lot of K falses. Should I turn POP off?
    only have X on if your in NJ.

in PA ,as the other members have said put it in little-l mode. then set some automute options for the v1. also set to unmute at 4 led's. the speed signs, they emit radar sometimes, can't do nothing about that. also watch out in PA as they use instant-on.

Advanced Member

turn POP off

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Manufacturer

Beyond arming yourself with a great detector...get to know the areas that the State Troopers like to use. Since they can only operate their instant K-radar from a stationery position, they tend to frequent the same spots.

...But for instant-on K in PA, the V1 is awesome.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Newcomer

AaronD81...I, too, am located outside Philly. My territory is from the Downington area and goes out to Harrisburg, up to State College and Williamsport and then back across to Scranton. I take the PA Turnpike everyday to get to the offices. Thanks for the post as when my V1 arrives in a few days, I will take the recommendations and program this baby.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy

...But for instant-on K in PA, the V1 is awesome.
    don't excessively speed around blind curves \turns \hills in PA as there might be a trooper waiting to blast you with instant-on :!:

keep your eyes open :shock: