Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Power User

Default BAD "J" Alert almost got me

Well as some of you know I upgraded my v-1 to the latest version. I have had nothing but success with it. But since it did use to J out real threats I am still cautious. Well today I was sitting at a stop light and getting an intemitent ka alert. 2 to 4 bars and it might stay on for 5 seconds. Well it did this for about a minute or so as I was still at the light. Now in front of me were 2 school zones. One school zone and then another. Well just about everyone speeds through them and I really don't know where the break is between them.

As soon as I am taking off from the light and just getting into the first school zone it "J" out the ka. I am only doing 20 if that and I see the front end of a squad car sticking out. So, I turn it off and back on and I am getting a full blast of ka. It "J" out a real alert. Had I thought that was a bad ka like it said and proceeded a little over in those school zones by accident or whatever he could have had me. I was the lead in the pack.

I know these things can't be perfect. But man that still gets me. I was hoping that I would never have to thing twice about it using the "J" again. Now I guess I do.

Now pardon my stupid question but can the J function be turned off. Cause I will turn it off. I would rather have the alert then not. I have the instructions but I have it set on what I want and then I don't mess with it.

OUTRUN

Advanced Member

Turning off the false alert guard has the effect of turning off the "J" alert. But then you'll get a LOT of Ka falses too...

Radar Fanatic

is your pop on?

not that it will stop it but it might cut down thee J falses

since the day i got my 3.826 pop has been off... whenever it Junked a Ka i never saw a cop

Banned

Yeah I think the issue now is when POP is on.

But like I showed in my video when you turn off the Ka Gaurd if will false KaRazy!!!

Radar Fanatic

hey ford how do you feel about X being off?

i did it for a week and it was amazing... then i felt bad and turned it back on

pop stays off

running A

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by f_399
    is your pop on? not that it will stop it but it might cut down thee J falses since the day i got my 3.826 pop has been off... whenever it Junked a Ka i never saw a cop
    I think 399 has something here.

Lead Foot

ya turn off ka protection on the V1 you cant drive Ka goes off non-stop.

Power User

Well believe it or not since I got it back from the factory I have not made any adjustments. It's in little l mode and that is it. I am assuming that pop is on. I want it on because Plano a city here has pop in some of there cars. But today they were just using that new ka stalker gun out the window. Hey F_399, you run with X on? I never used x and have never come across x. I seriously doubt any one is running x band in such a large city as our area. Mine is always off.

Radar Fanatic

outrun if you think if pop as a threat then you can leave it on, i think X is a greater threat then Pop

i might just go back and turn X off just so the v1 isnt that noisy

Professional

Default Re: BAD "J" Alert almost got me

Quote Originally Posted by outrun
    Well as some of you know I upgraded my v-1 to the latest version. I have had nothing but success with it. But since it did use to J out real threats I am still cautious. Well today I was sitting at a stop light and getting an intemitent ka alert. 2 to 4 bars and it might stay on for 5 seconds. Well it did this for about a minute or so as I was still at the light. Now in front of me were 2 school zones. One school zone and then another. Well just about everyone speeds through them and I really don't know where the break is between them.

As soon as I am taking off from the light and just getting into the first school zone it "J" out the ka. I am only doing 20 if that and I see the front end of a squad car sticking out. So, I turn it off and back on and I am getting a full blast of ka. It "J" out a real alert. Had I thought that was a bad ka like it said and proceeded a little over in those school zones by accident or whatever he could have had me. I was the lead in the pack.

I know these things can't be perfect. But man that still gets me. I was hoping that I would never have to thing twice about it using the "J" again. Now I guess I do.

Now pardon my stupid question but can the J function be turned off. Cause I will turn it off. I would rather have the alert then not. I have the instructions but I have it set on what I want and then I don't mess with it.

OUTRUN
    I am not happy for u. cause i know how you feel Outrun my .826 that i use to own done this more than i would take it did it more than 2 times that was enough for me glad to know it was not gjust my unit
    i really never cared to post cause most wont belive me anyways but anyway it a bad deal.