Thread: V1 Warranty

Good Citizen

Default V1 Warranty

I was just reading over at the Beltronics forum, and noted that when Bel performs an "Out of warranty" repair, it's a minimum of $85.00 now AND they only offer a 30 day warranty after that.

I'm pretty sure I read here that Valentine will do an out of warranty repair / upgrade starting at $45.00. Correct ?

What does Valantine do in regard to the warranty "after" a repair ? Is it 30, 45, 60, 90 days or One YEAR after the repair ?

I sort of get the feeling that the Bel's are slightly problematic and that Bel is not the greatest in the CS area. Some on the Bel forum referred to them as "Disposable or Throw Away Detectors".

One thing the Bel RX65 has ( along with a few other Bel's ) is a "Self-Calibration" feature. Now... what the heck THAT does is beyond me, but they seem to prefer a self-fix rather than sending the unit back to Bel.

Tim

Power User

Default Re: V1 Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by pratzert
    I was just reading over at the Beltronics forum, and noted that when Bel performs an "Out of warranty" repair, it's a minimum of $85.00 now AND they only offer a 30 day warranty after that.

I'm pretty sure I read here that Valentine will do an out of warranty repair / upgrade starting at $45.00. Correct ?

What does Valantine do in regard to the warranty "after" a repair ? Is it 30, 45, 60, 90 days or One YEAR after the repair ?

I sort of get the feeling that the Bel's are slightly problematic and that Bel is not the greatest in the CS area. Some on the Bel forum referred to them as "Disposable or Throw Away Detectors".

One thing the Bel RX65 has ( along with a few other Bel's ) is a "Self-Calibration" feature. Now... what the heck THAT does is beyond me, but they seem to prefer a self-fix rather than sending the unit back to Bel.

Tim
    Well the one nice thing is that at least it's telling the user of a problem as apose to a user not knowing or wondering about something, although that still can occure. I thought it was a neat feature, but then you here all these service required stories, is it that large of a problem, probably not, but no one like to hear the possibility. In the end you covered if you have a warranty, as far as after the fact, well as your inquiring about, it is something worth considering when choseing a detector.

Newcomer

This is something that you don't really need to worry about. VR has always taken good care of me so I don't see the need to buy another brand of RD. Initially the laser and radar sensitivity sold me on the product, but their customer service is second to none. I'm a customer for life.

Yoda of Radar

a "Self-Calibration" feature. Now... what the heck THAT does is beyond me
    Well... This may shock (and amaze) you, but that means the detector is self-calibrating itself

Meaning it (the RD) has started to go 'out of tune'... aka not picking up the correct frequncies, and the detector is fixing the problem itself (and it lets you know of it).

That being said I havent had to deal with customer service at Belscort *knock on wood*, and I have had to deal with VR's (actually within the first week)... the good news is the customer service and the tech (Mike) was outstanding.

Experienced

Tim
    $45 is what they quoted me for an out of warranty repair on a very old unit and they'd put it back to original specs. I have to take back my statement that it included a full years' warranty - I don't know if that was said or not. You DO get a full warranty if you have your unit upgraded to new specs; on a repair, I'm not certain, perhaps not.

Yoda of Radar

Either way you won't get anything remotely close with BEL.... :roll: