Default The 150 dollar question....

My buddy said he would see me his v1 1.7 for $250....I just sold my rx65 and was planning on buying a v1 anyways. So is the 150 difference worth it? I know there is a thread on 1.7 already but for $150 is there that big of a difference?

Advanced Member

I would go with the new lastest and great call V1 and ask for a returned unit and you get 10% off which is $360 great deal

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

ive been calling for two weeks....no go so far :x

Professional

thats wired they useally have you right in less then 1 week send them the money and i bet you get it in 1 week.anyway i would buy the v1.7 they are still very good in range if your locla cops dont use PoP MODE THEN \
    =v1.7

Radar Fanatic

i'd do what crazy said because for instance, what if VR comes out with a newer hardware upgrade, then you would be 2 generations back and it would cost u even more to get it updated. plus we have no way of telling when a v1 gets out of tune so buying a used one poses that risk. also u wont have any warranty buying it used. and warranty is a big deal as far as im concerned with any electronics.

Scratonicity Groupie

go with the newest unit. reason being it states in the manual that they will not support a 2nd hand buyer.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    go with the newest unit. reason being it states in the manual that they will not support a 2nd hand buyer.
    U have have it wrong thestaton what do you mean they dont support 2 hand buyers mabe on the warranty issues they dont but affter it expr they still support the customer and the 2 hand units i even emailed Pete K FROM VR and he said they support there uunit 100%unless the serail# is taken off or reportted stolen other than that VR will allways support 2 hand buyers on there units.

Good Citizen

buy it for 250 and sell it on ebay. thats what i did. i sold one for 330...lol 1.7

Speed Demon

I was looking at some ebay V1s 1.8 and it says that they lack POP, the information is from the VR. Didn't VR introduce POP in the 1.8???

EDIT:

V1 Description: Radar circuitry known in-house as V1.8. This is our latest and best performer on both radar and laser with just one exception—it lacks POP Protection. Of interest to those who drive in Europe, the latest V1 version also has a Euro Mode.

Newcomer

Get the serial # from your buddy and check it on the V1 site.The upgrade to 3826 should be 70-80 bucks.250+70= cheap,V1.I figure after they upgrade it theyll test it to make sure its up to standard.

good luck

Edit: If the 1.7 is the bigger sized v1,your beter off with a refurbished unit from v1