Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Where to find a decent priced V1

I have been looking all over, even on eBay, and I can't seem to find a decent priced V1 for sale. I had a RX 65 a while back but had to sell it cause I was a poor college kid, which I still am. I've been feeling very vulnerable ever since.

I live in Utah, where the LEO's seem to only use lidar since jammers are illegal out here. Is there any place to find a newer V1 for less than $400?? And is there anyone on this forum looking to have a V1 taken off their hands?? I am really not liking the idea of buying one on eBay, but would feel more comfortable buying one from someone on here. Thanks.

I guess you can get a returned unit from the mfg website for 10% off but some posters have had to wait from what I've read.

I haven't been hit with lidar yet but have had quite a few encounters with K & Ka, lots of X falses but no visible threats. Was road testing earlier today, was facing north on 900 east where it joins 4800 south/van winkle. I was looking to the left & got a 3 second ka from a sheriff that I didn't see mixed in traffic. I'm new to RDs, a little over 3 weeks is all.

Newcomer

What kind of RD do you have??

I drive up by the University a lot and there are always LEO's waiting at the bottom of the hill on 800 south. Usually motorcycle LEO's.

bot a cobra 9300 @ a truck stop after skating through a 180 mile speed trap about a month or so ago (drove like I was bullet-proof). Upgraded to the rx65 around April 4 (I'm sending it back this week), & upgraded to the V1 last Friday. probably had 35 hours or so with the rx65, 13 or so with the v1. FWIW I had several laser falses in the morning with the 65, haven't had a single false or alert so far with the v1. I don't care what anybody says about the arrows - they're great: faint alert with a regular detector, is it instant on ahead, etc? back arrow blinks - nope it's behind - nyuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... ))))

What time are they at the bottom of 8th south? I'd like to go by & test it out.

Radar Fanatic

hate to break it to ya but using a RD won't really help you with LIDAR but alert you when your being shot unless you have a v1 which MIGHT pick up scatter. you can put on this thing called veil on your headlights and a cover called lasershield over your plates for minimal protection agsint laser but even that is no guarantee.

as far as your money problems, dont think things are going to get easier by trying to get a v1. you can call VR and get a used v1 for $359 bucks but thats as cheap as it gets. i dont suggest you buying one off of ebay cause you dont know if its working right and you get no warranty. with the things you want you certainly need to have a little dough saved up. i know it sucks and i wish i could definately tell you different but imo, theres no way around it. good luck

Power User

Ebay's the place to shop for v1's, check out this great price ebay item # 9714634615

Newcomer

Hahaha, very nice. It looks like someone actually bid on that too. I am guessing that buyer was an ex-RMR user. What a boner.

Radar Fanatic

Valentine research

sometimes ebay gets crazy wtih V1 prices, more then a brand new one

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by MSUbball
    What a boner.

I concur

Radar Fanatic

imo, the problem with ebay is that you don't know what condition the v1 is in. when v1's are out of tune there is no way to know. along with that, you might get a good deal on a v1 from ebay but i doubt it will be the latest version. you also might end up sending it back to VR to get it fixed and w/o warranty that will cost you even more $$. in the end i dont think its worth it trying to save a few bucks to get a v1 off of ebay. just my 2 cents