Yoda of Radar

Default 12 Minute drive 10Minute Alert

So I pulled forwards into my driveway last night... and today I had back-up (onto the shoulder of my road)... main road with HUGE shoulders.

Anycase I get 1/2 way back up the driveway, and turn on the V1, so once it runs its testing it goes to the normal 'A' mode (for about 3 or 4 seconds), just as I hit the shoulder of the road the V1 alerts Rear arrow signal strength of 6. I look out my side-view mirror (and sure enough maybe 3/10ths) of a mile down the road.... I can make out a white car with something on the roof... I instatly think Cayuga County Sheriff (lightbar ontop)... So I wait... it was a sheriff, I pull out behind him. (Odd thing was as he got close to me... maybe 250feet... Bogey count shot up to 3 K band rear, then he passed me and it went back down to 1 front arrow [Major K band ghosting].

So I follow him for about 8 minutes, all the way down my road into the city, (weird thing was it lost signal a few times, and it was very weak 1-3 folowing him... darn front antenna) and I never got more then 2/10ths behind. Anycase... so that was pretty much 8 minutes of solid alerting.. once I turned off to go to college, I start getting falses from various place for 35 or so seconds and an Oldsmobile Bravada pulls out infront of me... So the Falses from automatic doors stop... but the V1 starts going wild ON LASER everytime the Bravada touches its brakes.... so I following him for a minute with the V1 on/off laser....

It was just a great time to see the V1 going that wild... well the front (radar) reception seemed rather weak... it was still a blast to see this thing going wild on a REAL LEO, and laser falses on a identified source (instead of being nervous).

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: 12 Minute drive 10Minute Alert

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    It was just a great time to see the V1 going that wild... well the front (radar) reception seemed rather weak...
    i doubt the sheriff has his radar pointing to the rear, he probably had it facing forward. there should be absolutely no problem with front antenna reception of K band. never in my v1 life has it had front antenna reception problem with a radar facing my car rather than ahead.

Old Timer

Default Re: V1

Airmoore, I usually have x band turned off here in MI but yesterday I had to turn it on the check it out. I went for a drive over to the lakeshore and I received many falses on x band on the way there. I guess mine is x band sensitive. Mk

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamQuack
    i doubt the sheriff has his radar pointing to the rear
    Obviously... but the signal strength should stay stay above 1 (or nothing) one would think when following on averaeg 1/10th of a mile behind the LEO.

there should be absolutely no problem with front antenna reception of K band. never in my v1 life has it had front antenna reception problem with a radar facing my car rather than ahead.
    Your V1 probably also has never been scratched (cosmetically flawed) from the factory, had front Ka detection problems, constantly show rear-arrow when source is obviously ahead, missed both X&K band false alerts... so no there shouldnt be any front antenna problem on a 400dollar unit I agree, but there appears to be.

Radar Fanatic

Your V1 probably also has never been scratched (cosmetically flawed) from the factory, had front Ka detection problems, constantly show rear-arrow when source is obviously ahead, missed both X&K band false alerts... so no there shouldnt be any front antenna problem on a 400dollar unit I agree, but there appears to be.
    air i would just return the v1 if you can and buy it again at a later date. because if you keep sending it back to them they will just send you the same unit. have you tried your unit in another vehicle? something sounds fishy with your unit, your experiences are so odd :?:

Yoda of Radar

[ have you tried your unit in another vehicle?
    Yeah a Toyota Cam-Cam, with the same results... all my other RD's work fine in my car, so I dont think its anything with the car... I may have to just keep sending it back and tellthem to send me a new one (write down the ID # and make sure a different one comes back)... or just send it back, and wait a few weeks and get another one... I think probably the first option.

Yoda of Radar

Send it back and tell them you want a returned one Air.

Professional

had front Ka detection problems, constantly show rear-arrow when source is obviously ahead, missed both X&K band false alerts... so no there shouldnt be any front antenna problem on a 400dollar unit I agree, but there appears to be.
    Glad to see I am not the only one with these problems

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    Send it back and tell them you want a returned one Air.
    x2, try what dave says. ask them to give u back the money difference.

or sell it on ebay to someone in yugoslovia for 600 bucks and buy 2 rx65s :wink: