Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default VEIL - Disasterous on Bug Guard

Hi,

I had such high hopes for VEIL. And in fairness, perhaps it does help with laser - but it messed up my car so bad that it's hard to think about in any way other than anger.

Unfortunately, putting it on my Lexus had awful consequences. When it runs as you apply it (and it WILL run), it ran onto my bug and rock guard which is a clear plastic that covers the front of the car. This stained it something fierce. That was a $1000+ add on at time of purchase.

Buyer be ware!!!

In any event, I put it on the chrome on the front of my car. Does anyone know how to remove it from chrome as easily as possible?

Thanks

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: VEIL - Disasterous on Bug Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Eleggua
    Hi,

I had such high hopes for VEIL. And in fairness, perhaps it does help with laser - but it messed up my car so bad that it's hard to think about in any way other than anger.

Unfortunately, putting it on my Lexus had awful consequences. When it runs as you apply it (and it WILL run), it ran onto my bug and rock guard which is a clear plastic that covers the front of the car. This stained it something fierce. That was a $1000+ add on at time of purchase.

Buyer be aware!!!

In any event, I put it on the chrome on the front of my car. Does anyone know how to remove it from chrome as easily as possible?

Thanks
    Aluminum foil works GREAT in removing it from the chrome. No chemicals are needed just scrub away and it will not scratch your chrome
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Ok, I'll go scrub and see what happens.

Thanks.

The scrubbing worked for the most part on the Chrome. Thanks.

Unfortunately, the bug guard plastic was so stained that it was destroyed. I had to have it redone.

Just got my car back and they had never seen anything like that before. I had to have the whole front end of the car redone.

NOT CHEAP.

A FAR better solution is to get high performing Jammers.

Lead Foot

I would try to get my money back.

Speed Demon

Default Re: VEIL - Disasterous on Bug Guard

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Aluminum foil works GREAT in removing it from the chrome. No chemicals are needed just scrub away and it will not scratch your chrome
    I think i saw that on mythbusters... but they used coke with the aluminum foil. It seems the coke may not have done anything (perhaps just a lubricant)... but it's crazy how much better the aluminum foil cleaned the chrome over the OTC chrome cleaner.

Yoda of Radar

I think it works because aluminum is just slightly softer than chromium, so the foil is hard enough to grind away any crap on the surface, but not hard enough to hurt the chrome.

Scratonicity Groupie

wow sorry to hear that. I would go after a refund as well as getting your car fixed. It destroyed my EVO & WRX, and when I applied to my Trans Am I took off every light and did it inside.

Old Timer

wow im never gonna get it now...

Power User

Meh stuff like this would be expected, it's all chemical based and the only guaranteed surface it's safe on is the headlight itself... And IIRC Veil's documentation warns clearly that it might cause problems on other surfaces too.

(NOTE: I'm not a Veil fanboy, I don't own/use veil currently or in the past, etc etc etc)