Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1793SE or not?

Newcomer

Default 1793SE or not?

Hi!

I'm looking for cheaper alternative for Bel RX65 - what I'm after is:
    1) a feature to completely turn off unnecessary bands,
    2) good reception of Ka band!
    Locally, LEOs are only using Stalker guns with Ka band, so to minimize false alerts, I'll turn down X, K, Laser etc bands like my mate did on his RX65.
    The question is - will I still receive a fair amount of false Ka alerts by doing that? If so, what are your recommendations for a reasonably priced detector keeping in mind both features mentioned above?

Thanks in advance for your input!

kaspars

Newcomer

bump...

so what do you guys recon - still a lot of false alerts even with everything except Ka turned off??

kaspars

Professional

The whistler Pro 58 or 73 are good RD's. The bel 895 and vector series are decent detectors fot the price. You will be happy with them. Keep in mind that KA band is difficult to detect compared to X and K band. The RX-65 is the best at detecting KA band in my opinion and has great detection range. It is worth the extra money

Speed Demon

Id go with the PRO73. I have a Whistler 1773 as a back up detector and its close with peformance and it falses on Ka alot.

Newcomer

bad news :-/
    as i said before, ability to switch off selective bands is a must (because of terrible noise in K bands - automated doors operate in that band over here + cops only use Ka band guns!)
    besides i'm scared of malfunctioning RX65's - if that happens it will empty the pocket even more than false alarming (but otherwise fine ) Whistler - just because of shipping costs from Eu to Us..
    now go and tell what decision to make :roll:

p.s.
    another mate of mine got RX65 (6.1) and couldn't turn K band off if SWS was on - after programming K went on again....

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by kasp.
    as i said before, ability to switch off selective bands is a must (because of terrible noise in K bands - automated doors operate in that band over here + cops only use Ka band guns!)
    besides i'm scared of malfunctioning RX65's - if that happens it will empty the pocket even more than false alarming (but otherwise fine ) Whistler - just because of shipping costs from Eu to Us..

Buy a RX65 from Roy. Have had mine since dec 05 and have 0 problems. you you do get a problem you can send it back and it will be taken care of.

p.s.
    another mate of mine got RX65 (6.1) and couldn't turn K band off if SWS was on - after programming K went on again....
    I have not heard of this but SWS should not be an issue anyway.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by kasp.

p.s.
    Buy a RX65 from Roy. Have had mine since dec 05 and have 0 problems. you you do get a problem you can send it back and it will be taken care of.
    I have not heard of SWS interfering with K band but it makes since considering SWS is operated on K band. Not a lot of people shut off K band because a lot of radar guns operate on K in the states. I would just shut off SWS and K band and call her a day. That is if K band falses are a huge issue to you

to kasp:
    Shipping cost to Latvia ( EU ) for the Whistler PRO 73 is 19$. The whole price for that is 119$. It is worth to buy it.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by aaseavey
    The whistler Pro 58 or 73 are good RD's. The bel 895 and vector series are decent detectors fot the price.
    You make it sound like the Pro 58 and 73 are better then the Bel 895

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by asianfire
    Quote Originally Posted by aaseavey
    The whistler Pro 58 or 73 are good RD's. The bel 895 and vector series are decent detectors fot the price.
    You make it sound like the Pro 58 and 73 are better then the Bel 895
    I didn't mean to make it sound like that. Sorry :wink: