Thread: whistler 1733

Newcomer

Default whistler 1733

How would you guys rate this radar

is it safe to go 90MPH in 70MPH zone? when no cars in the road.
    (safe as it means like good alert so you ahve time to speed down)

last week. i was going 90 in 60mph zone and i got laser alert about half mile away and gave me time to slow downto 55. (mounted low by the dashboard)

how would you guys mount this on LEXUS RX330. Tomorow im goign to try it agian mounting high by the RVM.

Stealthcb

Default Re: whistler 1733

Quote Originally Posted by jy0522
    How would you guys rate this radar

is it safe to go 90MPH in 70MPH zone? when no cars in the road.
    (safe as it means like good alert so you ahve time to speed down)

last week. i was going 90 in 60mph zone and i got laser alert about half mile away and gave me time to slow downto 55. (mounted low by the dashboard)

how would you guys mount this on LEXUS RX330. Tomorow im goign to try it agian mounting high by the RVM.
    Never used a 1733, but speeding with no other cars on the road is always dangerous. It means you're the ONLY moving object that could trigger a radar's reading.

I know I have a Pro-73 and love it. Two saves in about a month. Both minor, since I'm not doing much speeding right now, but it's saved me $170 in fines.

Newcomer

oh. no cars means like on 2 lane freeway like you will only see like 3-5 cars going. and oh yes maybe if vasacar is in the air. you will be targed right away. but i never thought about that. haha

so mount that HIGH on my lexus RX330? or low

i want good distance, good alert on radar and laser. enough time to slow down.

Radar Fanatic

The 1733 is pretty weak for Ka, so you need all the mounting height advantage you can get, so def. go high.

Professional

Mount high as that will give you optimal range for radar. Here's the thing about laser: Unless you pickup scatter (mounted high) or have some type of laser jammer/veil on your car, by time the laser alert goes off on ANY RD you're toast.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by cooljay
    by time the laser alert goes off on ANY RD you're toast.
    umm 2 weeks ago. on straight away. i was going 90 on 70mph road

got laser alert full strength within half mile or so and had time to slow down to 65 and drive away safe. when it was mounted low

Radar Fanatic

Sometimes you get lucky, but sometime you get caught too. Whistlers seem to have some of the best lidar detection, even on the cheapies, but it can still miss signals in some conditions.

Professional

a while back i had a cobra 9330 or something and yes it sucked at everything, but there was one time i had really good lidar range.

Stealthcb

I'm pretty happy with the Pro 73's laser performance. I didn't expect to get any alerts with it high-mounted, but knowing that I did -- makes me want some VEIL!