Thread: xtr-690

Newcomer

Default xtr-690

hmm, so i was getting on to radarbusters sight today and noticed whistler is releasing the new xtr-690 in april. i was previously considering the pro-73 but am not sure if i should wait or not...

its more expensive and i would have to wait a while for it, but if its alot better maybe i should. but the reviews for the pro-73 are pretty good, so maybe i should just buy that one now. :?

decisions decisions, anybody have any info on this new radar detector??

if you know whats good for you then wait. lol j/k I would wait for the xtr 690 because at the very least it will have better range then the pro 73 hands down. If you can afford the pro 58 for the time being and then later get the xtr 690 then go that route. Of course I have no idea how tight your budget is.

Stealthcb

The Whistler person I spoke with said the range will be comparable to the high-end Belscorts. She also said that the filtering of cobras will be very good, and if it goes off, "you'd better listen."

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by whistlerfan
    if you know whats good for you then wait. lol j/k I would wait for the xtr 690 because at the very least it will have better range then the pro 73 hands down. If you can afford the pro 58 for the time being and then later get the xtr 690 then go that route. Of course I have no idea how tight your budget is.
    so your suggesting i dont even bother with the pro 73 but get the 58? then wait for the new one? if im going to get one ill probably just be the first on the list for the 690....

you could get the 58 then the 690. Its up to you. It depends on how much cash you have to burn. I dont think the 690 is gonna be out till april. So thats still a little ways to go.

Newcomer

yea it is kinda far away... im just wondering why everyone is saying get the 58 and nobody is talking about the 73 ? is there something that people think is better about the 58 than the 73?

73 was my origional plan after i realized i cant afford an 8500 right now lol