Default wierdness with my pro58

My pro58 acted up today. I was driving down the road and the KA alert started going off, however the KA light was not lit. Once the alert had finished I powered off the RD and then back on. The KA light did not light up during power up. Then about 5 minutes down the road I ran across an LEO running KA and the KA light worked as its suppose to. I have power cycled the RD multiple times now and everything is working as it should. Anyone seen this before?

Speed Demon

Well you're lucky that you still slowed down for the LEO up ahead. If I were you I would have thought it was the RD acting up again.

I've used a PRO58 a lot and I have never seen that happen, perhaps a power issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Synbios
    Well you're lucky that you still slowed down for the LEO up ahead. If I were you I would have thought it was the RD acting up again.

I've used a PRO58 a lot and I have never seen that happen, perhaps a power issue?
    I would not think its a power issue. I have it hardwired into terminal in the fuse box by itself. My truck has a fuse for 4wheel drive, but I dont have 4wheel drive so pulled the fuse and Im using the terminal with the inline fuse. I just checked the connection and it looks good to me.

Ive never had any issues with it for the 5-6 months ive been using it, and its been hardwired the whole time. At least the alert still sounded. There just wasnt a band light.

Speed Demon

Sounds just like a slight bug. If it happens again I would be concerned and maybe you should call Whistler and see what they can do about it. I've never had to deal with Whistler support so I'm not sure how helpful they are.

What I recommend is use the regular dc plug to ensure proper operation. If it shows proper operation then everything is probably ok. Hardwire mounts can get funky from what I have seen in the past. Even though things appear to be ok. Even the slightest difference in power can cause some wacky things.

Have you ever drop the unit etc.

Manufacturer

If the unit was responding to the signal but the LED was not lit up, it is not the power cord.

It may be an intermittent LED or connection.

If you are concerned, send it in for repair with a letter explaining the issue.

If you are not concerned, continue to use is at everything else sounds to be in working order.

Old Timer

Default try

Try a system reset, that can't hurt.

I would send back,must be defective :wink:

Old Timer

Default X2

X2, that could be it too!