Default Whistler Fuzion - Is laser only a possibility?

Hello
    I currently have a Bel RX65 but I am considering adding a Whistler Fuzion for added laser protection, since I could mount its laser unit somewhere in my front grill. I don't want to run two radar detectors in the car, so I wonder:

1. Will the Fuzion work (laser only, of course) if I don't connect the radar unit, and only connect the laser unit?

2. Assuming it will work, would I be correct in assuming that without the radar unit attached, the Fuzion would not emit or receive any radio energy in such a way as to interfere with my Bel RX65?

3. Any better ideas? I would just add a laser jammer, but I live in a state where jamming laser is unlawful...

Manufacturer

The Fuzion requires the radar antenna to be plugged in otherwise there will be a communication error.

Check around the internet as there are some stand alone laser receivers available.

Thanks for the info, Michael B. I've googled extensively looking for a stand alone laser detector, but I can only find jammers. Would you happen to know the name of any of these stand alone laser detectors, or where I could find them? Thanks

Professional

Mike,

Doesn't the fuzion have the option to individually turn bands on and off? and if so, can't he turn off all bands?

Power User

Turning off all bands probably just makes the software not trigger an alert for any signals detected... not completely shut off the detector circuitry