Default 1st time with whistler

i was impressed just got the whistler in mail today and i was driving around speeding of course (60 in a 35) and k band went off about 8 seconds later comming towards me was a cop and he was comming around a corner i had plenty of time to slow down so right now i am very pleased with the radar..............

one question...... im new to the forums but i thought vg2 wasnt used in the us? and what does vg2 do i got a vg2 alert today and didnt know why it did what it was supposed to do but i dont think i need it on i live in arizona and radars are legal there so i dont know why they would use one.

Stealthcb

Welcome to the Whistler family. I do NOT recommend doing 25 over the limit, especially in a 35 mph zone, even if you have a Valentine1. No RD is going to save you from instant-on or LIDAR at that speed.

I would turn VG2 off. It doesn't apply in most parts of the country. I set my Pro 73 this way for around-town driving:

City2 Mode
    VG2 off
    POP off
    Volume 8
    Voice On
    AutoQuiet On

Again -- 60 in a 35 is NOT something you can expect any RD to save you from, especially if you have no rabbit or encounter laser or instant on. Be careful!

i agree i shouldnt have been going that fast but was late for practice and didnt want my coach to yell at me again i live in a small town in arizona (fountain hills) and i dont think any one here uses laser also the street i was on should be 45 but its not, every one speeds on it i hope they change the speed......

im planning on turning vg2 off but if i have pop off and get hit wont that be bad?????

and does anyone know of a trusted site that sells plate covers??? for protection on photo radar i know this is a little off topic but would be a nice bonus to the whistler radar...

Good Citizen

Pop= cant be wrote a ticket on that form of radar, so turn it off.
    VG-2- Are you in DC or virginia? If not turn it off.

Stealthcb

Quote Originally Posted by tccurtis386
    i agree i shouldnt have been going that fast but was late for practice and didnt want my coach to yell at me again i live in a small town in arizona (fountain hills) and i dont think any one here uses laser also the street i was on should be 45 but its not, every one speeds on it i hope they change the speed......

im planning on turning vg2 off but if i have pop off and get hit wont that be bad?????
    Pop alone cannot be used to write a ticket in most cases, if not all. Having it on with a Whistler will SLIGHTLY reduce your range, but allegedly reduce falses, too. I did not find that to be true. It INCREASED my falses.

And imagine how bad your coach would yell at you if you got pulled over....ugh.

As for plate covers, last I checked, Roy sold them here...

ill turn them both off but so far i havent had any falses on city 2 with pop on but ill turn pop off and see if there is a difference.. and whats the link to radarroys shop?

nevermind about the web page link