Old Timer

Default What are your views?

Whislter has come out with a unit that beats the Spectre, but fails the VG2.... thoughts?

Radar Fanatic

It'd say it's one spectre update away from being detectable. If it's detectable on VG2, it's obviously leaking something, the spectre people will just start to pick that up. I did wonder though, some of the older whistler units had to be put into a special mode via the menu to be VG2 immune, and I wonder if that was the case here.

Lead Foot

Well, I'm sure that Whistler can come up with a fix before putting this unit into protection. I must say that I am very surprised that it is Whistler who has developed the technology instead of the big 3. Not to mention that it leaked to VG2. I do think however that if the top three companies mimic this newly developed technology which i'm sure they will, they will fix whistler's mistakes.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    It'd say it's one spectre update away from being detectable. If it's detectable on VG2, it's obviously leaking something, the spectre people will just start to pick that up.
    Second that sentiment. If I needed a spectre-proof detector I wouldn't be putting my cash on the counter just yet.