Lead Foot
    North Carolina

Default Ka 35.5 and my Pro 78 today!

Well the title says it all, I finally had a Ka (35.5) encounter this afternoon!

I was travelling southbound and the poilce officer was running northbound with his radar on constant. All of a sudden I received a Ka blip and my head was on a swivel trying to locate the source. Then another two blips at strength of 3 & 4, finally a good steady alert at strength of 6-7 and I look ahead and as soon as he is in my field of view, full scale!!! Very nice ramp up!

The exciting part is at this location there is a long sweeping curve in the road just enough to where the first alert I got, he was out of the line of sight and on the other side of the curve. On my way back, I guesstimated where he would have been when I received my first alert, and I know where I was located, so being a little conservative my odometer clicked off .6 miles! Oh yeah this was in heavy traffic too, so that probably made the detection range a little assumption.

So, a 35.5 Ka encounter at approximately .6 miles with less than optimal conditions...I'm grinning from ear to ear!

The settings I am now running: Highway, Filter 2, Pop on, all bands on.

Very nice! I WISH I could get a Ka hit or two. I'm about tired of K-band all the time.