Thread: Ka Pulse Pro78

Lead Foot

Default Ka Pulse Pro78

Riding along today all of a sudden the 78 goes full scale and the screen reads "Ka PULSE" and yeah it scared the crap out of me!

As soon as it happened a Ford Explorer was turning onto the same multi-lane road I was on. As soon as I passed the explorer the alert stopped. I slowed down and finally the explorer passed me and lo and behold the family had a 'Cobra' pointing towards the sky- :roll: Never did get another alert from them. I am running "Filter 1".

I guess it could have been a cop coming up on the same side road the explorer pulled out of?? Who knows, but the Pulse alert will wake you up for sure!!!

Oh yeah it finally started getting a little chatty around some door openers too! Not that that is a good thing, but it has been mostly silent...maybe it's warming up to me!

you could try filter2

Normally cobra false on ka once in a while k but dont show pulse from a cobra or atleast thats how its for me. It could have been a cop. Its hard to tell. Might try city 2 mode as well. To get rid of x band. Unless you know for sure x band is not used anymore. Couple of times I have gotten a pulse saw a cobra detector and figured it was that then I realized when I got over the hill it was a cop on the other side of the road shooting instant on. So always take instant on alerts serious.

Lead Foot

turning off x-band is not an option here in NC- The NCSHP likes to run with IO x-band just as much as Ka!

I also drive through a small town that uses x-band constant on...

I'm thinking a cop was lingering around the side road where I passed the explorer, becuase the cops in Wake Forest do run Ka (35.5).

I'm gonna run with Fitler 1 for a few more days and bump up to filter 2 if needed-

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by dmo1028
    turning off x-band is not an option here in NC- The NCSHP likes to run with IO x-band just as much as Ka!

I also drive through a small town that uses x-band constant on...

I'm thinking a cop was lingering around the side road where I passed the explorer, becuase the cops in Wake Forest do run Ka (35.5).

I'm gonna run with Fitler 1 for a few more days and bump up to filter 2 if needed-
    I got mine on filter 2 after filter 1 let in a few ka falses
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Stealthcb

Were you near a number of automatic door openers? Like a strip mall or something?

Lead Foot

At this particular intersection there are only residential homes and an abandoned building on one corner, so automatic doors weren't the cause.

Advanced Member

DMO, what does it mean by Pulse?
    Is that like POP or another type of Ka radar
    <<--- Valentine One v3.861 --->>
    Protecting a Hemi Challenger
    Saves = 200+ -- Pharmacies Detected=9733

Lead Foot

John when the unit goes from receiving nothing to receiving a full signal of 9, the unit interprets that as a strong instant on signal. It gives a pulse alert that is similar to the laser alert to get your attention!!

I have had K and Ka pulses, so I think you can get a Pulse response in X,K, and Ka. For example. if you have a strong K-band situation, the screen shows "K PULSE"

Now if I could just figure a way to hook the pulse signal up to my brake pedal!!! :wink: