Newcomer

Default Why the filter on the XTR-690

Since filter 2 only takes like 200 mil secs to make sure it's not a cheap detector making your beep, why even have it as an option? 200 mil secs isn't even reaction time. Just curious, I'm sure I'm over looking something. I think we should start a petition demanding it as default, hehehehe.

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: Why the filter on the XTR-690

Quote Originally Posted by Flashed32
    Since filter 2 only takes like 200 mil secs to make sure it's not a cheap detector making your beep, why even have it as an option? 200 mil secs isn't even reaction time. Just curious, I'm sure I'm over looking something. I think we should start a petition demanding it as default, hehehehe.

I wondered this too. They should add Filter 3 for 300mil sec
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Power User

Hmm could any police radar be quick-triggered to get a reading within 200msec? Sounds too quick, but perhaps?

Newcomer

Even still, don't think you can slow your car down or even react in 200 mil secs hehehehe.

Power User

No, but if an officer has been pulsing radar like that and you're a mile away and approaching.... the detector would remain dead silent to the possible threat.

Again, 0.2s sounds too quick for radar readouts from my intuition, but having never held a police radar gun in my hands, don't take my word to mean anything!

Manufacturer

It is not 200ms......it is an additional 200ms on top of the normal filtering.

So when you total it up you may have 300-400ms of processing depending on where you are in the sweep.

POP eligible areas will respond to less processing due to obvious reasons.

Because radar can be manually triggered, read a speed and come off the trigger in 500ms to a trained officer, do you want the unit to respond????

Some competitiors do not respond until 600ms, 700ms, 800ms, 900ms, or 1 full second and you do not get to choose as those do not give you the option of selecting the processing you want.

Keep in mind that we are not talking about a DELAY, we are talking about weather or not to RESPOND.

For those radar detectors requiring 800ms, it is not an 800ms delay. It requires 800ms of signal before it will validate it. If the radar signal was there for 700ms, the unit will REJECT IT and you will never be warned.

Newcomer

Ahhh, that makes more sense. So then, with filter 2 mode enabled on the 690, does the 200 ms processing stop you from getting POP alerts or were you referring to competitors?

Manufacturer

POP eligible areas of the Pro78 and XTR-690 will still respond to POP in both Filter 1 and Filter 2 mode as those areas us an X<Y<Z filter in the Filter 1 and Filter 2 mode.

Newcomer

VERY good news.