Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Possible problems with XTR-690

I've had the XTR-690 about 2 weeks now. I've noticed a couple of things and was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

First is the display. It seems virtually impossible to read when driving in the daytime. I've tried all the different settings, it seems brt-brt works best, but its still very difficult if not impossible to read at times. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, for the last 3 mornings.....as soon as I crank up the vehicle on my way to work, it get an KA reading with a display between 4 and 6 strength. My drive to work is about 5 minutes....after about 3 to 4 minutes of constant KA readings, it will drop to a reading of 3, then 2, then no reading at all. Very Very weird. The third day in a row that this happened (this morning), it alarmed right until I got to work (which is about 5 miles from my house). Just to make sure I wasn't picking up any radar signals...once I got to work I simply turned around and drove home....no signals picked up. I think I've got a defective unit...just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar?

Stealthcb

Sounds defective to me. Maybe Michael B knows?

Professional

At least you know you can count on Whistler customer support

Try going around different areas to see if it keeps going ka. On my xtr 690 my display is plenty bright although I have good tinting in my car. I notice in my older car with no tinting the display was a little hard to read but I could still easily read it from the drivers seat with no strain. Try mounting the detector underneath the rear view mirror. This will keep the screen shaded more. Somebody could be parked in the area running ka and seeing that I have gotten over 2 miles of ka warning now i wouldnt doubt it if it would pick up at 5 miles all the way to work. Try going out of town stoping and starting in different areas. See also if you can follow the signal till it hits 9.

Manufacturer

There is a new lens design available soon for those that may have issues viewing the orignial XTR-690 display in their car.

Mounting it higher and using brt-brt will also help as mentioned in the post.

The new lens will be available in production also next month.

Whistler will support fixing any issues quickly

If you have any concerns on your detector operation, send it to me and I will fix it and ship it back to you in 1-2 days with the exception of July 4th week.

Speed Demon

So those who have the XTR-690 with the lens problem can send it in to get it fixed??

Manufacturer

Yes, but please wait until I post that the new lens in in stock.

Power User

Awesome! Talk about spectacular service.

Founder of Stealthvation

TOP NOTCH service is priceless!
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Newcomer

Thanks for the info. I'm sure the KA warning is a problem with the detector. Receiving a signal strength of 4 - 6 for about 4 miles (while turning on 6 different roads) just doesn't make any sense. Especially since it's happened 3 days in a row. Looks like I'll be sending it in for repair....but might wait until the new lens is in so I can get both done at the same time.

Again, thanks for all the responses. I've been checking out the site for a while but just now registered. For anyone interested, I use a RX-65, XTR-690, and PRO-73.