Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Pro78 and good ol' X-band

Today was on a major highway in the Raleigh, NC area (264-Bypass for the locals reading) which is a 6-lane divided highway. Road was packed with traffic in the Eastbound and Westbound lanes but we were moving steady at PSL. I was in the far right lane headed Eastbound when I recieved a x-band alert. I passed an unmarked Trooper parked on the outside shoulder of the Westbound lane all by himself with his radar running CO. I think he was yapping on the cell phone-

After my initital alert, my odometer clicked off a little over 0.5 miles. I wasn't too impressed, because leading up to this location is pretty flat and straight, but after considering the amount of traffic and the total width of the roadway...maybe it wasn't so bad afterall? :? This was about as far off-axis as you can get on this highway...Anyway, it wasn't a save, but I would have had plenty of time to get on the brakes if needed.

Waiting on the x-band sensitivity "software enhancement" Michael B has cooking!! MB anyway to bump it up 2dB instead of the planned 1dB?? NC needs it! :wink:

Manufacturer

Are you sure his radar was pointed at you?

If he was in the westbound lane and you were heading eastbound, It would seem that he could have been pointing at you with forward facing, but you may be correct about the obstruction in that it sounds like there was a lot of metal vehicles in the path.

Lead Foot

Michael B- yeah his radar was forward facing and pointing in my direction. He appeared to have just finished with a traffic stop and had not left yet.

There was a lot of traffic eastbound and westbound...the roadway was about as close to bumper-to-bumper as you can get while cruising along at PSL. Gotta love rush hour!

Stealthcb

Colorado is using X-band more and more and more. I think they know RD users are turning X off outside Ohio and NJ.

Time to return to HIGHWAY mode, I think.

Michael -- how long on the software updates?

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcb
    Colorado is using X-band more and more and more. I think they know RD users are turning X off outside Ohio and NJ.

I am sure they will be well worth it. Mike B. and the team are not going to release anything unless they are 100% comfortable
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$

I am sure they will be well worth it. Mike B. and the team are not going to release anything unless they are 100% comfortable
    I don't doubt that one bit!! :wink:

Stealthcb

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$

That's why I look forward to it. I know Michael B and his crew will kick BUTT. This is already a very good RD. With some tweaks, I see it being a GREAT one.

BTW -- I apologize for asking for reduced X-band sensitivity in the first place.

Newcomer

The 690 is re-programable or are you referring to the new XTR detectors coming in the future?.

Power User

It would appear that the XTR-690 and pro-78 are flash-upgradable, as also on the VEIL review, sending the detector back to Whistler for upgraded firmware was alluded to.

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by jdong
    It would appear that the XTR-690 and pro-78 are flash-upgradable, as also on the VEIL review, sending the detector back to Whistler for upgraded firmware was alluded to.
    Yes they are upgradable. The new software tweaks thus far are a nice improvement
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!