Default Whistler Pro 78 noob test coming up.

Well, I bit the bullet (small one in this case) and ordered the Pro 78. Should be here by Friday. Live in NM, but going on a week long road trip to Texas, lots of highway and city. Should be a great test.

Now i don't have any other detectors to compare this to. However, what i am going to do is when I get an indication I will reset od. and if it proves to be a LEO, then I can record what I find. I will be going thru both a lot of "Hill Country" around Kerville and thru San Antonio down to the gulf coast.

I called Whistler this morning to make sure the place I ordered the 78 from was an Authorized dealer. I got the detector for $138, which was not bad. Not the best price, but was in Texas and is 2Days shipping to here.

I just hope I got one of the better detectors. I know with anything there is always going to be your good ones and bad ones.

Also, I am not an expert like a lot of you guys are, but I am a techie for sure. I don't know what kind of radar/laser most of Texas has, but I am going to find out.

I will report back when I get back on the 27th.

Thanks for the recommendation guys and this is an awesome forum.

I think you'll be very happy with your Pro-78. I wish I knew why some folks are having troubles with theirs, but I'm sure it's something to do with manufacturing variation.

Just remember to use a rabbit and don't ignore the alerts!

From all the positive things I see on here about them, and what you and happya$$ say about it, I think it's the best bang for the money. Time will tell.

Yeah, know about the rabbit thing.

Can't wait for it to get here to get my grubby little paws on it.