Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Xtr-690 vs. Pro 78

sorry if this had been posted before

I was wondering if i could get a list on the differences between the xtr 690 and pro 78. I been reading around and notice that these two are nearly the same and have excellent performance. I have decided to purchase one of these, however, do not know which one. If it makes any difference, the cops are mostly Ka. Other then that my main priority is performance even if it will cost more false alerts.

Btw. i'm upgrading from a xtr-500, i was very pleased with this product but i noticed that for just a few dollars more i could get a 690/78. Also the Ka (which i need) is a bit weak on it.

Professional

wait for a month or so until all stores have rev c version which is the latest. 690 has compass and it is cheaper than 78. as of performance both are equal. ka performace is especiall good on both.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by guit123
    ka performace is especiall good on both.
    and this is based on what test?
    http://guysoflidar.com/august-2007/r...ctor-test.html

Professional

i dont know if you even own 690 or 78, since i own and since he is askin for their performance i know it is very good on ka as i encounter mostly ka in my area almost every day, no one is comparing to v1 but 690 and 78 are very good as well.

Experienced

Well I read a bit about the lcd screens on them and I decided to get the pro 78 because of the better screen. I drive a jeep wrangler, so when i have the top off, the large amount of sun light might cause difficulty with the 690

thanks

Professional

78 is better for visual display, for around 150 bucks it will give very good performance on ka and k as well.

Experienced

If I bought this from ebay (hope this doesn't break forum policy) would I still get the same warranty as from buying it from somewhere else. they go pretty cheap on ebay.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by kuba
    If I bought this from ebay (hope this doesn't break forum policy) would I still get the same warranty as from buying it from somewhere else. they go pretty cheap on ebay.
    Currently, it seems like you still do, but that policy can change at any time Whistler decides to enforce its authorized dealers program. Mike B can give you a more official answer on this

Speed Demon

i dont know if you even own 690 or 78, since i own and since he is askin for their performance i know it is very good on ka as i encounter mostly ka in my area almost every day, no one is comparing to v1 but 690 and 78 are very good as well.
    owned both - and neithor were very good on eithor band. and that was with rev c on the 78. my experiences were much like the results from GOL. youre quite right - my 3.826 dominated them both in testing.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by BullyDawg19
    owned both - and neithor were very good on eithor band. and that was with rev c on the 78. my experiences were much like the results from GOL. youre quite right - my 3.826 dominated them both in testing.
    as much as you kiss your v1, nobody asked how it compares to v1.. if you read the question. it is 690 vs 78 and i have been using them and they are quite good on ka.

you are a big v1 fan boy, we get it now stick to freakin v1 forum if you have nothing to say but comparing everything to v1.