Default XTR-690/Pro-78 Users in NJ (or other X-band states)

Anyone in NJ own an XTR-690 or Pro-78?

I want to hear some real-world, unbiased feedback on the X-band performance of these units. Can they be relied on to give a more than adequate advanced warning?

I have a 1793SE and the X-band detection is great (my greatest threat). K-band is sufficient and Ka-band can become very dicey if the LEOs antenna is angled slightly or the threat isn't pretty much head on. Fortunately, X-band outnumbers K- and Ka- band threats about 3:1... so I want to know about X-band performance.

Thanks for the feedback!

Power User
    MI / MA

Well here's the deal. I own the XTR-690 and the 1793SE and X-band is noticeably less sensitive on the XTR-690. However, the 1793SE was extremely good at X-band and the XTR-690 is still good to provide significant advance warning to at least drones/speedsigns in my area. I haven't encountered cops running X band for years so I couldn't comment on that.

Then again, I come from an area with K/Ka band are significant threats, and I'd pick the XTR-690 over the 1793SE any day due to its vastly improved Ka and its resilience to falsing on K/Ka unlike the previous generation which falses to a desensitizing degree.

Founder of Stealthvation
    Cleveland, Ohio

If X band is your greatest threat stay with what you got. If Ka and K band is your greatest threat upgrade (especially Ka)
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!