Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Pro-78 sent in for update

I recently sent in my Pro-78 for the rev C update and received a call from Whistler yesterday. They called because I sent a personal check to cover the $20 cost for the update. They will only take a credit card or money order I was told. Anyway, it was nice they called instead of shipping the RD back to me and making me sent it back with the requested form of payment.

The customer service girl was great, she told me that along with the Rev C update that I also will get a new receiver (I wonder what that entails?) and that my RD will "work really good now". I can't wait to get it back.

I also sent in my Passport 9500i for the ramp up prolem fix. I sent the 9500i the same time as the Pro-78. I wonder which one I will get back first???

Power User

Hmm... a new receiver... this sounds intriguing. Michael, what's that?

Experienced

heh I am interested about this new receiver also. If they are doing hardware updates i'd def send mine back in (not that its bad).

Btw how does the 78 compare with the 9500i performance wise

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by kuba
    heh I am interested about this new receiver also. If they are doing hardware updates i'd def send mine back in (not that its bad).

They're not in the same class, the Pro-78 won't stack up with the 9500i!

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by jdong

They're not in the same class, the Pro-78 won't stack up with the 9500i!
    It can hang on Ka 34.7
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Banned

hello,i dont mean to butt in but i will is anyone hear useing a whistler the brand new model that walmart sells for whistler not the 1730. well frist of we testted the unit works good.worth ever cent.i think is the best budget radar detector you can buy that really works good i just cant think of the model now at this time will come back with the later and tell you guys.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey
    hello,i dont mean to butt in but i will is anyone hear useing a whistler the brand new model that walmart sells for whistler not the 1730. well frist of we testted the unit works good.worth ever cent.i think is the best budget radar detector you can buy that really works good i just cant think of the model now at this time will come back with the later and tell you guys.
    It's most likely a rebranded variant of the Pro-73 type platform, which lags behind its competition a bit on Ka band, but I think it's great bang for the buck too. It's the only "cheap" detector that I feel is worth even a penny thrown at it.

Experienced

I know that, but I was wondering if like for 4 times the price, do u get 4 times the performance (which I know is no, but other aspects)

Power User

I know that, but I was wondering if like for 4 times the price, do u get 4 times the performance (which I know is no, but other aspects)
    No, you don't get 4x the performance. I honestly think you don't even get 2x the performance and the tests would back that up.

Newcomer

Default Re: Pro-78 sent in for update

Quote Originally Posted by Duramax
    I recently sent in my Pro-78 for the rev C update and received a call from Whistler yesterday. They called because I sent a personal check to cover the $20 cost for the update. They will only take a credit card or money order I was told. Anyway, it was nice they called instead of shipping the RD back to me and making me sent it back with the requested form of payment.

The customer service girl was great, she told me that along with the Rev C update that I also will get a new receiver (I wonder what that entails?) and that my RD will "work really good now". I can't wait to get it back.

I also sent in my Passport 9500i for the ramp up prolem fix. I sent the 9500i the same time as the Pro-78. I wonder which one I will get back first???
    I received the 9500i back first. It arrived yesterday, 1/23/08.