Good Citizen

Default New Pro 78 owner: Great off axis sensitivity on first day

I'm a new Pro 78 Rev C owner as of today. It arrived in the mail just before I had to leave for work. Quickly installed it onto windshield and fired it up. Did not have time to adjust any settings, POP was on.

I have a 7 mile rural drive to work on a 2 lane road. About .2 of a mile before coming to another 2 lane road intersection, I received a Pulse alert for Ka. Looked around, saw no cop and immediately became pissed; thinking this thing was already giving me bogus alerts.

Well, as I approaced the intersection, saw State Police going northbound on the other road with Ka radar firing IO at oncoming traffice. I soon realized that the Pulse alert I detected was from him.

I'm going to keep this one in my truck and give older 8500 to other family member. Pro 78 is best kept secret for budget detector.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: New Pro 78 owner: Great off axis sensitivity on first da

Quote Originally Posted by karl56
    I'm a new Pro 78 Rev C owner as of today. It arrived in the mail just before I had to leave for work. Quickly installed it onto windshield and fired it up. Did not have time to adjust any settings, POP was on.

I have a 7 mile rural drive to work on a 2 lane road. About .2 of a mile before coming to another 2 lane road intersection, I received a Pulse alert for Ka. Looked around, saw no cop and immediately became pissed; thinking this thing was already giving me bogus alerts.

Well, as I approaced the intersection, saw State Police going northbound on the other road with Ka radar firing IO at oncoming traffice. I soon realized that the Pulse alert I detected was from him.

I'm going to keep this one in my truck and give older 8500 to other family member. Pro 78 is best kept secret for budget detector.
    Glad you are happy with this great detector. Turn POP off for even better results man...

Good Citizen

Received my Pro 78 yesterday as well. I ran a few tests against my V995 the PRO 78 is only about a second slower on K band which is pretty impressive considering the price difference in the two detectors however the Pro 78 does not false as much as the V995. Will be doing some more testing soon but think the Pro 78 is an awesome detector. Have yet to run into any other radar sources but thats just a matter of time.

fireant

Professional

pro 78 is good choice for OK. u will see mostly ka from locals,OHP and k from sheriff's.

Good Citizen

Yeah alot more KA still lots of K. I have also found OKC PD still have some X band as well. Not alot of Laser but have seen it a few times.

fireant

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by fireant
    Received my Pro 78 yesterday as well. I ran a few tests against my V995 the PRO 78 is only about a second slower on K band which is pretty impressive considering the price difference in the two detectors however the Pro 78 does not false as much as the V995. Will be doing some more testing soon but think the Pro 78 is an awesome detector. Have yet to run into any other radar sources but thats just a matter of time.

fireant
    I'm interested in seeing some comparisons between the two. The debate between the pro 78/xtr690 and the Bel Vs is always going on. Was this first K test on a speed sign? Do you have Rev C? Looking forward to this.

Good Citizen

Local PD running K band sitting in a parking lot running C/O. The Pro 78 Rev C was only a second slower then my V995 with the S7 on alerting to the officer. I found that very impressive. Plan to do some more testing but for the money you would not be doing yourself any harm with a Pro 78.

fireant

Radar Fanatic

Local PD running K band sitting in a parking lot running C/O. The Pro 78 Rev C was only a second slower then my V995 with the S7 on alerting to the officer. I found that very impressive. Plan to do some more testing but for the money you would not be doing yourself any harm with a Pro 78.

fireant
    The Ka encounters I have had have been outstanding as well....

Good Citizen

Had another great save today on KA band was heading home they flew by me in the windshield looked like a Cobra detector my detector was giving me I/O hits on KA however just to be safe I remained going the speed limit. As I came over the hill was a police officer whom was pulling out with his lights on. When I drove by wish I could of took a picture on the girls face she could not figure out why here crappy cobra did not give her enough time to slow down. Gotta love those Cobras

fireant

Radar Fanatic

Had another great save today on KA band was heading home they flew by me in the windshield looked like a Cobra detector my detector was giving me I/O hits on KA however just to be safe I remained going the speed limit. As I came over the hill was a police officer whom was pulling out with his lights on. When I drove by wish I could of took a picture on the girls face she could not figure out why here crappy cobra did not give her enough time to slow down. Gotta love those Cobras

fireant
    Lol, Cobra users are the best rabbits, because you don't even need a detector to follow them safely. They get pulled over, not you!