Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Strange KA alert today

Today I was leaving a friend's apartment complex and was driving down the street in the complex when I got a weak KA alert. The signal bounced back and forth from 1 and 2. I looked around, there weren't any other cars (running) around me, so I didn't think it was false. There is a street running parallel to where I was (outside the complex) where people love to speed down, but I had never seen anyone doing radar out there before. Curious, I stopped the car and took the detector off the windshield mount and pointed it out of my driver side window (toward the street), as soon as I did the strength went way up to 6 and 7. I put it back on the windshield mount and started driving again, and it stopped the alert all together. I didn't drive down the street where I thought the radar was coming from because it was out of my way to go to work.

Anyone else ever had anything like this happen? There was a fence between the street I was on and the outside street, as well as apartment buildings but there was some space in between the buildings.
    If the Pro 78 was picking up real radar from a cop out there, I'm impressed.

Experienced

Where was this in Memphis?

Good Citizen

East Memphis, I was in Audobon Square apartments, the street I was parallel to and suspect radar was Colonial.

Experienced

Strange...I haven't been in that area much but in Memphis if you get a Ka alert 99% chance it's a LEO.

Good Citizen

Yea that's what I was thinking. I have only seen Memphis LEOs use KA band, only place I've seen K is on school campus.

Of course u got a strange ka alert,it is because u are using a strange RD.Give it up and buy a new one.But not cobra or whistler!

Good Citizen

malcolmman89 more than likely it was a officer too bad you were not able to find out where he exactly was.

Joseph 12: Your a dumba** you can't even spell COBRA instead you spell it CORBA. They need to ban your a** permanently you in no way contribute to these forums you need to grow up and quit acting like a 12 year old wait a 12 year old would probably be more mature than you.

fireant

haha i made a mistake,but even i spell wrong there is no different between cobra or corba.It is still a junk RD like whistler.No one care what is inside the rubbish.

Professional

joeseph what detector do u use right now?

waiting for my v1!now i use my eyes!