Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Manufacturer

Default New Whistler XTR-695 Videos

Guys,

I have begun posting never before seen real-world videos of the newest Whistler XTR-695 for your viewing enjoyment:

Veil Guy YouTube Channel

...With more to come.

I have also added some real-world picture and video content to our original review of the XTR695.

I hope you find them helpful and informative!

Veil Guy
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 07-11-2008 at 02:16 AM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Radar Fanatic

How well did the 695 compare to the remote mount unit you also had when approaching 35.5?

Newcomer

Sounds and looks great! I'm glad I pre-ordered one and was hoping they'd ship this week.

I've hung around the forum for a long time but never had much to post about.... so, Hi to all.
    Last edited by Icer1; 07-11-2008 at 08:54 AM.

Manufacturer

I am very pleased that you like what you see so far.

About the remotes, I only started the recording after the first detector alerted, which was the STiR. But as you can see by the female voice alert of the 9500ci (which occurs very soon after its initial alert) that the 695 was already alerting by the time that happened. In other words, it was damn near a dead-heat on 35.5.

Welcome.

Veil Guy
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Experienced

Very very cool. But in the first video, isn't the female voice that says Ka from the 695. Because that is the same female from my 78. Maybe theres just too many beeps from me to keep track which is which lol.

Manufacturer

You could be right, in fact--that the voice heard was actually from the 695--I'll have to replay it (several times) to determine this for sure as it's been a while.

In any event, the 695 had alerted very closely to the 9500ci (even if I had missed the 9500ci's female voice alert when I started the record, it happened so quickly and the time between them was so short between the alert and the recording process). The Bel's advantage was more substantial in this particular encounter.

Veil Guy

Good Citizen

I was gunna post that exact video from your blog here but you beat me to it hehe. Anyways, I find these videos very interesting. The fact that a 200 dollar detector can keep up with the big boys is awsome, kudos to whistler. I might just buy the 695 just to run along my x50 for ****s and giggles, or for that case return the x50

Veil Guy is there any chance you could ride with the x50 and the 695 and get some video of real world performance? Just curious. Hope everyones driving safe

Manufacturer

Heck, yes I can.

I've done quite a bit of side-by-sides with the Pro 78 and XTR-690 and have been quite pleased with both of the Whistlers (particurlarly with 34.7 Ka) and have even compared them to the mighty Beltronics STi Driver (which I believe performs at a higher level than either the x50 and rx65)...so I suspect I already know the answer. But sure, why not?

Veil Guy

Experienced

You say you have done a lot of driving with the 78 and 695 side by side. I know they say there are only minor improvements in sensitivity, but is it noticeable? The same goes with filtering. Are you getting any less false alerts?

A little more specific question, not sure if you'll know the answer. I understand that if the Ka detected falls close enough to a know LEO frequency it will display that frequency. What is that range that it must fall under to be determined one of the threat frequencies. In other words 34.7 +/- what?

Thanks!

Manufacturer

Kuba,

My sense is that the 695 is a little "hotter" (particularly on Ka).

About the specifics of when and how, I know it's a somewhat complex process (not just a simple freq spread), but I will defer this question to Mr. B. to address accurately...

Veil Guy