Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XTR 695 Price

Newcomer

Default XTR 695 Price

I was going to pre order the 695 and emailed Whistler about the company that I was going to buy from pertaining to the warranty being honored. The company was not listed as being unauthorized. The response Whistler gave was not only must the company not be listed but the price must be $180 or more. The price was about $40 lower. I don't see why what I pay should have anything to do with the warranty. Just thought I would pass this along.

Newcomer

Default Re: XTR 695 Price

thanks for the heads up.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by dbolhuis View Post
    I was going to pre order the 695 and emailed Whistler about the company that I was going to buy from pertaining to the warranty being honored. The company was not listed as being unauthorized. The response Whistler gave was not only must the company not be listed but the price must be $180 or more. The price was about $40 lower. I don't see why what I pay should have anything to do with the warranty. Just thought I would pass this along.

Typically an authorized dealer can sell lower than retail, but they can not advertise lower. If you buy from an authorized dealer and the price is lower, just keep the receipt and you will be fine if you have to send it in. Just make sure they are authorized.

Good Citizen

Forgive my "retail" ignorance but I don't get it.
    Whistler wholesales to authorized dealers. Whistler gets their money.
    Dealer can sell them for whatever and I fail to see the impact on Whistler. Somebody help an old man out here

Experienced

Has something to do with MAP pricing. Don't really know what it is but here is a discussion on it: http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...aler-list.html

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Forgive my "retail" ignorance but I don't get it.
    Whistler wholesales to authorized dealers. Whistler gets their money.
    Dealer can sell them for whatever and I fail to see the impact on Whistler. Somebody help an old man out here
    That's the thing I don't understand. Why should it matter what I paid? If the company isn't listed as being unauthorized then Whistler should honor the warranty! Heck, their website link for unauthorized dealers doesn't even work! I had to do a google search for the list and how accurate it is who knows? I just won't buy it.

Radar Fanatic

Using the Whistler website is like using an 8 track tape......ancient. It is very hard, if not impossible to navigate. I have the utmost respect for Michael B and Whistler products, but the website is child-like to say the least.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by bigalinwv View Post
    Using the Whistler website is like using an 8 track tape......ancient. It is very hard, if not impossible to navigate. I have the utmost respect for Michael B and Whistler products, but the website is child-like to say the least.
    yeah every time I visit the Whistler site I feel transported back in time. I know Mike B said they were working on the website in one post some time ago, compared to most other companies websites out there Whistlers looks just a bit..er fake in a way and really needs updating.

I think it actually might have looked a little better back in Jan. of 2001
    Whistler Radar Detectors and Power Inverters (Jan. 2001, Internet Archive Wayback Machine)

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kuba View Post
    Has something to do with MAP pricing. Don't really know what it is but here is a discussion on it: http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...aler-list.html
    Good discussion there. Mature and non confrontational. Then locked? Why in the world would a moderator lock that thread? I thought that is what a forum was for.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by bigalinwv View Post
    Ok, its old but what makes it hard to navigate?