Thread: xtr-690

Street Lawyer

Default xtr-690

Well I'm officially part of the whistler group. I wanted the xtr-695, but I got 2 $100 gift cards and it was a problem trying to combine them. I tried buying gift cards for opticsale, but I think after last weeks fiasco they just assume my cards were fraudulent or some b.s. (they didn't even try authorizing the prepaid credit cards) So then I tried to buy 2 amazon gift certs for $100, but amazon wanted to do a preauth for $1 and then for $100, so the prepaid company declined the $100 auth because the $1 preauths were still pending, so I ended up having to get a $98 gift cert (since $99 was available, and $1 preauth for next attempt). The second card keeps saying cvv2 doesn't verify, so they had to send me another one in the mail and I don't have access to the funds Which left me with basically $98 to play with plus whatever I had in the bank currently. But, I think for $120, the xtr-690 will be a good choice for a temporary solution to my currently unprotected vehicle. What's the concensus on the xtr-690 here? I don't want buyer's remorse, but it looked like it was basically a clone of the pro-78, 1 step below the 695?

Good Citizen

Default Re: xtr-690

I hate to respond with the same issue....but it keeps being asked so I'll keep responding.....the display sucks. Other than that it really performs well in all areas.

Power User

The 690 has the same platform as the 78. I have never expierenced the Lcd screen but if you mount high and out of the sun you shouldn't have a problem with the LCD screen and don't leave it in your car when your gone. The 690 has a compass and i think a volt meter. I would have went with the pro 78 is it has a amazing intense blue display. As long as you have gotten Rev C i wouldn't worry about anything. Ka band is easily detected. I'm waiting for the new pro series myself.

Professional

works just fine , dont bake it in hot sun.

Street Lawyer

thanks for the replys guys, i tried searching for xtr-690 before making a post but apparently the forum doesn't like dashes and 3-letter words (xtr, 690) are too short to search. I would have got the pro-78 or 695, but because of the hassle I was having with the damn prepaid cards, I would have had to wait like a month, and I'm only looking for a temporary solution until I have enough for the 9500ci =). So sounds good as long as I mount high and keep out of the heat.

Experienced

you will enjoy it. whistler has great products and even better prices