Default First time buyer. Going for Whistler XTR 695

First time buyer of radar detector. Been put off for years because of the long cord wires and obstruction of view by the cord wires. I wanted to know if anyone has tried a "StealthCord" with the Whistler 695?
    It connects the powered rearview mirror and the radar together and the radar is power that way without the long cord to the cigeratte lighter plug.

The Stealthcord site says it's only compatible with betronics/passport/and valentine 1. If Whistler can't be compatible, i think i might have to jump to the higher end compatible models. Which i prefer not, the 695 has already got me sold on it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLS1GUnab0Y]YouTube - Stealth Cords - SRD 8" Radar Detector Cord Install[/ame]

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: First time buyer. Going for Whistler XTR 695

Does the XTR-695 use the phone jack type wire (RJ-11 wire)? If so, then yes it will work fine. Notice the cables for the different radar detectors are exactly the same, it will work for any RD as long as it uses the RJ-11.

Fantastic!!!!

Found a supplier that has a stealth cord specifically for the Whistler models.

http://www.safe-n-sound1.com/Whistler%20Direct%20Cord%20Stealth%20Mirror.html

Looks like all is green for ordering the XTR 695 on Monday and the Cord aswell. Hopefully by the end of next week i'll have it setup and testing it out.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    Fantastic!!!!

Found a supplier that has a stealth cord specifically for the Whistler models.

http://www.safe-n-sound1.com/Whistle...%20Mirror.html

Looks like all is green for ordering the XTR 695 on Monday and the Cord aswell. Hopefully by the end of next week i'll have it setup and testing it out.
    Guess it's not the RJ-11. Nice, tell us how you like it once you get it set up.

Good Citizen

Any updates on this Safe-N-Sound Whistler stealth cord? I'm looking to buy one. Just wondering where exactly it plugs in.

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by mlyon83 View Post
    Any updates on this Safe-N-Sound Whistler stealth cord? I'm looking to buy one. Just wondering where exactly it plugs in.
    Hardwires don't plug in.. they tap fuses or the battery.