Old Timer

Default Getting a concealed whistler...

Has anyone really used one of these? How well do these conceal? Is there a remote detector & then a display unit?

http://www.radarbusters.com/products/whistler/3400.asp

I am thinking about getting one of these for my girl

Advanced Member

The price is appealing but does it come with front and rear sensors?

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    The price is appealing but does it come with front and rear sensors?

ah.....yes and no Yes you can operate front and rear sensors but you have to add the rear one as it's an option...

Default Re: Getting a concealed whistler...

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    Has anyone really used one of these? How well do these conceal? Is there a remote detector & then a display unit?

http://www.radarbusters.com/products/whistler/3400.asp

I am thinking about getting one of these for my girl

well I have the older unit in my car and it was really easy to install but I am thinking about getting the 3400 since it is suppose to be a lot better in sensitivity. The 3200 isn't too good in ka band... :cry: The installation is very easy (I ran the remote display wires into the cabin from the engine compartment to the driver side door and along and under the molding into the cabin which is cheating a bit but works (actually a fire wall gromment is better.. :wink and when I get the 3400 I will also get the rear antenna module that is an option. Yes there is a remote antenna unit and then a seperate display which looks excellent sethy. I mounted the display in a plastic modual that an aftermarket audio company makes to adapt car stereos to cars and slide the unit into a seperate coin box in the dashboard but the display can be velcroed in place also about anywhere.

The only real problem besides ka band for me has been the low mounting location in the engine bay isn't good for radar reception and decreases it a lot. I have been thinking of taking the remote modual and instead of mounting it in the engine compartment mount it "inside" the cabin near or on the headliner... 8) This will make the old whistler into a new hunting dog no doubt.... :wink: