Hi guys. First off I want to thank you all for saving me from making a stupid purchase. I almost bought a Cobra 9440. I had always heard of Cobra and I had no idea how shoddy they were. So thanks to research mainly from these forums, I decided on a Pro 78 as my first RD. I used it for the first time today from north of Atlanta to south of Atlanta. I'm no speed demon, but I hate Atlanta cops and Atlanta traffic, so the Pro 78 seemed like just the right choice. I mounted the Pro 78 horizontally straight right in the middle of the windshield. Default settings currently apply. Anyways, a few questions:
1. I ended up right behind a prisoner transport police van, and zero alerts. Is this normal? Do they not have radar on in these types of police vehicles?
2. I passed by Peachtree and Lenox Road intersection, which is extremely important to the area and photo light enforced, zero alerts. Again, should I be concerned here?
3. On 75 South, two bogeys had pulled over the same guy and flashing lights. No alerts. This one in particular had me worried. Maybe both their radars were off?
4. I did get some alerts on other photo light enforced intersections. How far away from these cameras should the first alert begin? I felt a little too close to them before I was alerted.
5. Finally, how durable is the Pro 78, and how much possible damage would dropping it cause (I have not dropped mine so far).
Thanks for your response. Cheers.