Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Mike B. or anyone else that could help...

hey guys... i just hardwired a switch for my detector, which i'm actually pretty happy with myself for how it turned out. anyways... when switching the detector off and on, all my settings stay the same way except for one. I use the dark-bright mode, but whenever i turn off my detector it switches back to the factory setting for only that setting. would a reset of any kind fix this maybe? thanks guys

Experienced

Default Re: Mike B. or anyone else that could help...

nevermind guys... did a factory reset and it solved my problem. mods please delete

Old Timer

No problem and have a great day.

Experienced

alright... after posting here saying i figured everything out i discovered i was wrong. sometimes my detector will keep the "dark-bright" mode after i flip the switch, but other times it wont and will reset. I'm thinking it has something to do w/ when i flip the switch according to when it has battery power and such. just a guess though. figured i should keep this same topic i started and not spam. any ideas guys? and its still only that one setting...

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by bigmack View Post
    alright... after posting here saying i figured everything out i discovered i was wrong. sometimes my detector will keep the "dark-bright" mode after i flip the switch, but other times it wont and will reset. I'm thinking it has something to do w/ when i flip the switch according to when it has battery power and such. just a guess though. figured i should keep this same topic i started and not spam. any ideas guys? and its still only that one setting...
    Interesting did you change the display from default green to another color as well? My 695 recently switched from red xband off, etc.. to all settings reset to factory default when I started the vehicle, I think when I started the vehicle a power surge happened that caused it to do this, b/c a lot of times while it's plugged in and on, when I start the vehicle it will reset, but at least the settings stay the same, but this time it reset and went to default.

Experienced

i actually just have the 690 but same thing happening pretty much. i just find it weird that only that setting will change on me. its just annoying to have to change the setting everytime i get in the car. it used to happen when i would unplug the detector from the cig lighter when it wasn't hard wired. but just turning off the car when it was plugged in to the cig lighter wouldn't affect anything..

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by bigmack View Post
    i actually just have the 690 but same thing happening pretty much. i just find it weird that only that setting will change on me. its just annoying to have to change the setting everytime i get in the car. it used to happen when i would unplug the detector from the cig lighter when it wasn't hard wired. but just turning off the car when it was plugged in to the cig lighter wouldn't affect anything..
    hrmm.. well I'm fixin to hardwire my 695 to the blinder's kill switch, we'll see what happens.

Manufacturer

Set the features you want.
    Power off the unit with the power button on the side
    Power on the unit with the power button on the side

You should be all set in the event of a power dips due to starting the car

Experienced

thanks Mike... would this allow me to use my switch whenever i want without having anymore issues?

Manufacturer

It should