Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Manufacturer

Default Re: Incredible 34.7 Ka Save

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    Michael B,

It's my opinion that you are confusing attacking the Whistler product, for attacking the Whistler Zombie. Almost to a man, we RD users agree that Whistler makes an excellent product, for its price point. Earlier in this thread, I made this general performance ranking:

Remember also, this forum is not just for members. There are always lurkers on this forum. They come in here looking for the real scoop. That's why statements such as the ones below require response, so as not to give newbies a false impression that, in this case, a Whistler can remotely hang with a V1.

I understand your post was directed to the comments made by some of the Whistler forum members and not the product itself. Some may disagree with some of the statements made by some Whistler users, but there is data to support the results they are seeing. As for comments from the users comparing the results to other brands, I can only say that I also have seen the Whistler outperform some of the other brands mentioned and so has the Veil Guy. I am not saying it outperforms the big three 100% of the time, but it can and does at times in real life driving and this would make some of the pro Whistler comments in this thread valid. I cannot speak on behalf of all comments, but I have no reason to believe that anyone is intensionally trying to be deceiving. Why would they? What do they have to gain? I respect your opinion and I am glad you are happy with your choice of products. If you ever decide to purchase a new Pro78se or an XTR-690se, I would be interested in your opinion of the recent improvements with respect to the products from which you have established your benchmark.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
    I understand your post was directed to the comments made by some of the Whistler forum members and not the product itself. Some may disagree with some of the statements made by some Whistler users, but there is data to support the results they are seeing. As for comments from the users comparing the results to other brands, I can only say that I also have seen the Whistler outperform some of the other brands mentioned and so has the Veil Guy. I am not saying it outperforms the big three 100% of the time, but it can and does at times in real life driving and this would make some of the pro Whistler comments in this thread valid. I cannot speak on behalf of all comments, but I have no reason to believe that anyone is intensionally trying to be deceiving. Why would they? What do they have to gain? I respect your opinion and I am glad you are happy with your choice of products. If you ever decide to purchase a new Pro78se or an XTR-690se, I would be interested in your opinion of the recent improvements with respect to the products from which you have established your benchmark.

Michael B: First off - I know your post wasn't directed at me, but as always I am going to throw my $.02 in here...

-Foremost in this response I want you to understand that I respect your opinion (perhaps ultra-respect them is a more correct term). You have always been a great and truthful representative of your company and other products when reviewing them (I remember years back when you posted unbiased numbers before all that BS occurred)... and we as a forum cannot thank you enough for all your contributions... but:

I think the biggest issue here is: The Whistler 'fans' are sending out deceiving information which people may interpret as the truth (the many guests who visit the website therefor may be incorrectly informed).

People seeing all these 1,2,3+ Mile alerts by Whistler units might buy one thinking "Hey that has to be the normal, I am better off with this then a V1.", not to mention the users saying they were/are beating out the top-tier detectors (or that they preform as good).

Misinformation is the most dangerous kind of information... and I think we are just trying to put an end to it.

I would be more then willing to test out a Whistler if someone wants to give me the $200 to do so... with videos and descriptions with all of my encounters. I would love to take a video of a Whistler going through the Gauntlet... I WOULD LOVE TO (that is said very diabolically). To be honest, if it weren't for the power-jacks I would own a Whistler...

Lastly: I enjoy seeing this type of discussion or debate that stays rather civilized (it has thus far), and I feel this could be a productive thread if kept at this level.

Experienced

Question Re: Incredible 34.7 Ka Save

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    To be honest, if it weren't for the power-jacks I would own a Whistler...
    What's wrong with the power jacks?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloaked Milan View Post
    Nothing wrong with them at all...

For my purposes I have 6 or so detectors that can run off the same hardwire... it wouldn't be convenient to have the 'odd-man-out' Whistler unit... well 'Ok' I have 2 units that would use a Whistler hardwire.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloaked Milan View Post
    I can run my V1 or my 9500ix off my V1 hardwire, but I cannot run a Whistler off that same hardwire, because the power jacks are different.

Good Citizen

The Sti tested was faulty, and has since been fixed. (Read the GOL website... read).
    Indeed. My point was theres a problem. Everyone knew something was up. Something you and others will not afford Whistler. That should call into question several things in fact, when combined with all the available data and reports.

So when you and ~3 other users are saying Whistler units are exponentially better then what you see during any testing that has ever been done, something doesn't sit right in that scenario either:

Its either all the testing has been flawed and you 4 or 5 individuals are right, or the testing is correct.
    Again, you show my point... you are super quick to dismiss the User reports. Wont even consider them.

Whistler has been making progress, and its great to see M.B. (who again has always been a stellar mind and representative of Whistler on this website) chime in, and I respect every word the man has to say...
    Michael B:
    Foremost in this response I want you to understand that I respect your opinion (perhaps ultra-respect them is a more correct term).
    Yet you seems quite willing to completely dismiss his statements about data that support what us Whistler users are seeing out on the road.

I think the biggest issue here is: The Whistler 'fans' are sending out deceiving information which people may interpret as the truth (the many guests who visit the website therefor may be incorrectly informed).

Misinformation is the most dangerous kind of information... and I think we are just trying to put an end to it.
    And finally, we're all liars?

Theres definitely some misinformation here, and its not coming from the Whistler users.

Good Citizen

No. Nice chop and paste of my post however. Weren't you just complaining about someone taking your post out of context? I have consistently stated my opinion of the Whistler as compared to other RDs in it's price range(and out of it's price range) and expressed it in detail in the post you just quoted, which you conveniently deleted, so I'll quote it here.
    What was chopped had nothing to do with my points, which you completely and utterly avoided.

Youre afraid to answer them, which is all I wanted to know.

Yoda of Radar

Keto... do you live anywhere in the NE? (Not for E-thuggary purposes here) but if you are in the NE, and are willing:

I would be more then willing to accommodate you on a trip through 'The Gauntlet'.

This would most undoubtedly prove to you Whistlers fall short on many levels when it comes to real detection of real LEO traffic-enforcement... I would near guarantee you lose faith in your Whistler unit in a single day of traveling the Gauntlet...

You can PM me if you do not wish details to be posted in the general forum. I would love to show you how pathetic your arguments are, and I am sure the New York State Troopers would be happy to put you and your Whistler in their place.

I really hope I can accommodate you with that offer.

Yoda of Radar

I understand your post was directed to the comments made by some of the Whistler forum members and not the product itself. Some may disagree with some of the statements made by some Whistler users, but there is data to support the results they are seeing. As for comments from the users comparing the results to other brands, I can only say that I also have seen the Whistler outperform some of the other brands mentioned and so has the Veil Guy.
    To be 100% honest with you, I have a problem with The Veil Guy's review. Now, I'm not saying he's lying, or his review isn't 100% accurate, but he makes that video pumping up the XTR-695, standing right next to a Whistler dealer. I can only assume that is exactly where he got that unit to test. There is some possibility for shadiness in that type of situation. Whether there is or not, I have no idea, but if someone personally hands you a unit to test of a product they sell, that's not as legit as GOL's "blind purchase" policy. GOL has no money interest whatsoever from any of their testing. As I'm sure you know, GOL's testing is not the least bit profitable.

I am not saying it outperforms the big three 100% of the time, but it can and does at times in real life driving and this would make some of the pro Whistler comments in this thread valid.
    My V1 and even my 9500ix will occasionally alert before my 9500ci. However, that doesn't mean they are better performers than my 9500ci. My 9500ci alerts before both of them the vast majority of the time, sometimes by an amazing amount of time and/or distance, making my 9500ci easily the better overall performer.

I cannot speak on behalf of all comments, but I have no reason to believe that anyone is intensionally trying to be deceiving. Why would they? What do they have to gain?
    No one is calling them liars. They say that their Whistlers work well for them. No arguments with that. But, when forum members make comments about Whistlers performing in the general vicinity as V1s, I gotta throw the BS flag. I'm not even a big fan of my V1, because I feel it's just too noisy to use in my area. I normally run my V1 with K and X bands off and let my 9500ci handle those bands, since they are not used much around here and I can't stand the false alerts, but to deny the performance of the V1 would not be honest. The thing is amazingly sensitive. No Whistler can touch it.

I respect your opinion and I am glad you are happy with your choice of products. If you ever decide to purchase a new Pro78se or an XTR-690se, I would be interested in your opinion of the recent improvements with respect to the products from which you have established your benchmark.
    I will probably test out a Pro78se. I hope the recent improvements you speak of are the "real deal". I'm sure GOL will also test out the new Whistlers, which is a more respected source of info than I am.

Yoda of Radar

No one is calling them liars. They say that their Whistlers work well for them. No arguments with that. But, when forum members make comments about Whistlers performing in the general vicinity as V1s, I gotta throw the BS flag. I'm not even a big fan of my V1, because I feel it's just too noisy to use in my area. I can't stand the false alerts, but to deny the performance of the V1 would not be honest. The thing is amazingly sensitive. No Whistler can touch it.
    My exact thoughts on the issue right there...